[comp.sys.apple] Music Studio on HD with GSOS 5.0

rankins@zaire.crd.ge.com (raymond r rankins) (03/02/90)

Has anyone been able to run Music Studio 2.0 on a hard disk running
under GS/OS 5.0.2.  I installed it following the instructions in the
manual (and also posted on America Online) and put the AppleMidi
driver in the drivers folder, and also replaced tool032 in the tools
folder with one on the MS2.0 disk(also tried it without putting these
two files in those folders) and whenever I try to start it up, it
drops to the text screen and displays the error message (Can't quite
recall what it says but I think it was some type of loader message)
and error $110A and I have to reboot.

If I run it off a floppy while under 5.0.2, it boots up and works
fine except for MIDI input hangs up the machine with a constant
beeping of the system bell and I have to reboot.

Is there an upgrade availble maybe to get MS2.0 to work under GSOS?

I have a IIGS Rom01 with 2.25 MB memory and 30MB Chinook hard drive.
DA's installed are File Manager NDA and Conch Shell CDA.

Thanks for any help

Ray
---
Ray Rankins         |(518) 387-7340 (days)| INTERNET: rankins@zaire.crd.ge.com
2 Moonglow Rd.      |(518) 583-3320 (eves)| COMPUSERVE: 71131,3236
Gansevoort, NY 12831|                     | AmericaOnline: RayRankins
<insert standard disclaimer here>

gwyn@smoke.BRL.MIL (Doug Gwyn) (03/02/90)

In article <5668@crdgw1.crd.ge.com> rankins@zaire.crd.ge.com (raymond r rankins) writes:
>Is there an upgrade availble maybe to get MS2.0 to work under GSOS?

Yes -- if you sent in your registration card Triton should have sent
you an upgrade ordering form (something like $15).  I have it installed
on a 5Mb ProFile accessed using System Disk 5.0.2 running off an HD20SC.
Seems to work fine.

rankins@asia.crd.ge.com (raymond r rankins) (03/02/90)

In article <12262@smoke.BRL.MIL> gwyn@brl.arpa (Doug Gwyn) writes:
>In article <5668@crdgw1.crd.ge.com> rankins@zaire.crd.ge.com (raymond r rankins) writes:
>>Is there an upgrade availble maybe to get MS2.0 to work under GSOS?
>
>Yes -- if you sent in your registration card Triton should have sent
>you an upgrade ordering form (something like $15).  I have it installed
>on a 5Mb ProFile accessed using System Disk 5.0.2 running off an HD20SC.
>Seems to work fine.

I did send in my registration card, but apparently I am one of those
unfortunate persons who never seems to get upgrade info.

Could someone please give me the number and address needed to
get the upgrade?

Thanks,
Ray
---