Here is what my fried sent me.  It would be easiest to send
to my address TSEMM@ALASKA.BITNET, but you can also send to him(though
he can't reply) TSCEH@ALASKA.BITNET, or the list.

=> #69 ACAD1A::TSCEH       Fri 02 Mar 1990  19:19:19  (  22/  898)

From:     An Orion at Heart...
Subject:  My bug...

OK...here goes...
Apple IIgs  1.24 meg.  Vulcan hd divided into AE1 and AE2.  AE1 has 679 files,
85 folders with 11628K used and 21140K avail.  (this is the home of the
"virus")  AE2 has 138 files, 15 folders with 3746K used and 5444K avail.

The "virus" itself is named PART.?????>>  (remember that the ???'s are in
inverse type (white on black))  it is locked and is written in Apple /// Pascal
C.  size=5589927 bytes, 8353K on disk.  was created on Fri. Oct. 16, 1936,
12:09 pm  and was modified on Sat., Aug 1, 2027, 6:41 am.
(this is what the "icon info feature says about it, but the actual size when
all is added is only 1,628 K)

Since I noticed this "virus", my computer locks up quite frequently when i try
to open a file, or set a feature to a button in hyperstudio.

Need any other info?????

***ANY*** help in erraticating this large nuisance would be GREATLY
appreciated!

thanx
case

lhaider@pro-sol.cts.com (Lawrence Haider) (03/04/90)

>***ANY*** help in erraticating this large nuisance would be GREATLY
>appreciated!

If you've got ProSEL-16, try using it's delete feature in the (S)ort option.
I've experienced a lockup of my system folder that didn't allow me to delete
anything in it, then wouldn't even let me open it.  I got rid of it with
ProSel's Utilities then freed up the used bytes with Volume Repair.
Discovered 3 bad blocks and blocked them out.  Copied a fresh System file
to the HD.  Now everything's peachy :)
After you get it deleted, maybe you should run a few virus checkers.  Better
safe then.....                  Hope this helps!

                                        Laer
lhaider@pro-sol.cts.com