[comp.sys.apple] IMHO

rmichel@pro-grouch.cts.com (Russel Michel) (03/05/90)

>From: lhaider@pro-sol.cts.com (Lawrence Haider)

>Scuse me for sounding dumb, but what the heck does "IMHO" stand for?

>lhaider@pro-sol.cts.com

It depends on the particular person using the term, and on the mood of that
person at the time.  Taken in context, IMHO could mean

   In My Honest Opinion
   In My Humble Opinion
   In My High Opinion
   In My Holy Opinion

or any other variant!!!!

UUCP: crash!pro-grouch!rmichel
ARPA: crash!pro-grouch!rmichel@nosc.mil
INET: rmichel@pro-grouch.cts.com

On Sat, 3 Mar 90 10:29:39 PST you said:
>Scuse me for sounding dumb, but what the heck does "IMHO" stand for?

Some of us scatter opinions willy-nilly with no humility at all ;-)
Others warn us when they're switching from a (relatively) factual mode
to editorial content.  Anyway, that's My Humble Opinion...

ASAP, PDQ, FUBAR, SNAFU, BTW, QED

/s Murph <Sewall%UConnVM.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.Edu>         [Internet]
      or ...{psuvax1 or mcvax}!uconnvm.bitnet!sewall     [UUCP]
 + Standard disclaimer applies ("The opinions expressed are my own" etc.)