[comp.sys.apple] AST Visionplus upgrade

campbellb@viking.UUCP (Brian Campbell) (02/28/90)

I have committed to the upgrade offer to convert an AST Visionplus to the Visionary GS.
That is, I have sent it off.  I talked with a rep of Virtual Realities (the company
that apparently took over the rights to the visionplus system).  The problems that existed
with my digitizer will be corrected with the upgrade, according the information that the
rep gave me.  When I get it back, I will post the results if there is interest.

BTW, the visionplus digitizer seems to little known or receive little attention in the world
of Apple compatible digitizers.  Why is this?  Is it because it operates on the GS only?
Or because of the hardware problems?  Admittingly it has problems capturing certain types
of images (at least mine does), but when it works, it works real well.  For example it captures
black and white images in a 1/15th of a second, compared to other systems whose capture times
seem to be measured in seconds.  I'll stop rambling, but I would be interested in any
comparison info among Apple digitizing systems.  (Magazines like A+/Incider seem to be long
on reasons to have a digitizer and short on technical specs).

shatara@memit.enet.dec.com (Chris Shatara) (03/02/90)

In article <48e73368.f759@viking.UUCP>, campbellb@viking.UUCP (Brian Campbell) writes...
>I have committed to the upgrade offer to convert an AST Visionplus to the
>Visionary GS. That is, I have sent it off.  I talked with a rep of Virtual
>Realities (the company that apparently took over the rights to the visionplus
>system).  The problems that existed .......

This company is off on the wrong foot with me.  I sent them a mail message
on AmericaOnline per their news release and never got a response.  Tough
selling stuff that way!

/chris

|        Chris Shatara       |      Internet:    shatara@memit.enet.dec.com |
|  Opinions expressed are    |      DEC Easynet: memit::shatara             |
|   mine and mine only!      |      UUCP:        ...!decwrl!memit!shatara   |

jacques@enovax.dec.com (Norman Jacques) (03/03/90)

>This company is off on the wrong foot with me.  I sent them a mail message
>on AmericaOnline per their news release and never got a response.  Tough
>selling stuff that way!
>
>/chris

I have had no problems in communicating with the folks at Virtual Realities on
the matter of the news release and I always get a respone by the next day. My
card is suppose to be here tonight, so we will see.

*                                                                              *
* Norman Jacques  	    DEC EASYNET.    ENOVAX::JACQUES                    *
* DIGITAL EQUIPMENT CORP.   INTERNET.   DECWRL::"JACQUES@ENOVAX.ENET.DEC.COM"  *
* ENFIELD, CT. 06082		                                               *
*                                                                              *

gentrys@ingr.com (Scott Gentry) (03/06/90)

In article <1413@mountn.dec.com>, shatara@memit.enet.dec.com (Chris Shatara) writes:
> In article <48e73368.f759@viking.UUCP>, campbellb@viking.UUCP (Brian Campbell) writes...
> >I have committed to the upgrade offer to convert an AST Visionplus to the
> >Visionary GS. That is, I have sent it off.  I talked with a rep of Virtual
> >Realities (the company that apparently took over the rights to the visionplus
> >system).  The problems that existed .......
>
> This company is off on the wrong foot with me.  I sent them a mail message
> on AmericaOnline per their news release and never got a response.  Tough
> selling stuff that way!

Chris,

Since I'm the person who ultimately has the responsibility for Virtual
Realities on America Online, let me offer my sincere apology for this problem.
There is no excuse for this, however, Virtual Realities uses two accounts
for online activity - Virtual and VirtualMR.  VirtualMR was announced as the
online address, however, Virtual (Harry Zink) is online more often.

I'm going to ask Virtual Realities to limit their official presence to just
one account so this doesn't happen again.

In the meantime, please send me your  America Online address so I can credit
your account with two free hours for your time spent waiting for a reply.
I can be reached at any of the addresses listed below.

My apologies,

W. Scott Gentry, Forum Leader
Apple II Art & Graphics Forum

> /chris

> |        Chris Shatara       |      Internet:    shatara@memit.enet.dec.com |
> |  Opinions expressed are    |      DEC Easynet: memit::shatara             |
> |   mine and mine only!      |      UUCP:        ...!decwrl!memit!shatara   |

*Scott Gentry             |UUCP:uunet!ingr!gentrys    |                   *
*Intergraph Corporation   |America Online: AFL Scott  |I speak for myself *
*2051 Mercador Drive      |GEnie: W.GENTRY            |                   *
*Reston, VA 22091         |CIS:72000,1536 (rarely)    |                   *