[comp.sys.apple] ORCA Desktop Questions

S680534@UWEC.BITNET (ROBERT TANNER) (03/07/90)

I recently bought the complete ORCA system (Desktop dissassembler,
assembler, C compiler and Pascal compiler) from several different
people.  I have all the manuals, and want to put them all on my HD.
I followed the directions, but I can't get the Pascal compiler to come
up in the Language choices.  Any help out there?  Thanks.  Mail to
my address in my sig file.

     Bob Tanner                            BITNET: S680534@UWEC.BITNET

jb10320@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Desdinova) (03/07/90)

In article <900306.20171631.068264@UWEC.CP6> S680534@UWEC.BITNET (ROBERT TANNER) writes:
>I recently bought the complete ORCA system (Desktop dissassembler,
>assembler, C compiler and Pascal compiler) from several different
>people.  I have all the manuals, and want to put them all on my HD.
>I followed the directions, but I can't get the Pascal compiler to come
>up in the Language choices.  Any help out there?  Thanks.  Mail to
>my address in my sig file.
>
>     Bob Tanner                            BITNET: S680534@UWEC.BITNET

   You probably copied the system directory stuff from the C Prizm disk.
   Edit your */SYSTEM/SYSCMND file, to add the pascal compiler.
   Try adding the following line:

PASCAL		*L		5		Pascal Compiler

   Just make them line up with the other entries and all should be okay.
   (the 'Pascal Compiler' is a comment).
   I went ahead and posted to the net because my mailer usually has a
   horrible time with bitnet addresses.

   Speaking of the desktop, has anyone ever completed a project without
   the Prizm desktop crashing? I was hoping the new Beta 1.1b9 would include
   a modified desktop, but no luck.

--
Jawaid Bazyar               | This message was posted to thousands of machines
Junior/Computer Engineering | throughout the entire civilized world. It cost