[comp.sys.apple] Hard drive backup programs

c60c-3cw@web-3a.berkeley.edu (03/12/90)

	In the reviews of the 2 hard drive backup programs, I feel one
statistic was left out.  How does each of the programs handle a bad/missing
floppy disk?  The Mac backup program my roomate used refused to continue the
restore when it couldn't read one of the floppies, and he had to put over 100
files back by hand.  Just the infomation about Prosel would be fine if the
the other (Salvation?) is unavailable.

BTW:  About more than 2 drives in a ProDOS slot; doesn't the Vulcan 100 meg
have a patched version of ProDOS that pretends there are 4 drives?

-c60c-3cw@web-3a.berkeley.edu (Allen Kelton)

cs122aw@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Scott Alfter) (03/13/90)

In article <1990Mar12.070006.11189@agate.berkeley.edu> c60c-3cw@web-3a.berkeley.edu (Allen Kelton) writes:
>BTW:  About more than 2 drives in a ProDOS slot; doesn't the Vulcan 100 meg
>have a patched version of ProDOS that pretends there are 4 drives?

I just went over Nibble's reviews of the Vulcan (20- and 100-meg) and
InnerDrive (20-meg), and according to the review, yes, the 100-meg Vulcan does
have a "fixed" ProDOS 8 that jams four logical drives in one slot (32*4=128
megs in the slot instead of 64, so the Vulcan doesn't need more than one slot.)

Internet: cs122aw@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu    _/_  Apple II: the power to be your best!
          alfter@mrcnext.cso.uiuc.edu/ v \
          saa33413@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (    (              A keyboard--how quaint!
  Bitnet: free0066@uiucvmd.bitnet    \_^_/                     --M. Scott, STIV