[comp.sys.apple] Review

UN027265@WVNVAXA.WVNET.EDU (Eric Krichbaum) (03/09/90)

Here it is...

First impressions:
1.)  It comes packaged with 4.0 and 5.0.2, so depending on your memory you can
use the fastest opsystem available to you.
2.)  Comes with 134 fonts.
3.)  Includes 2 disks full of clip art
4.)  Manual comes in a binder.  (impressively packaged and well written)
5.)  One of my favorites, *NOT COPY PROTECTED*!  Someone is listening to us.

Ok, this is going to be short, as I have a program due very soon.

        The program comes up quickly and seems to run as quickly.  Equipment
used:  IIgs w/1.75 meg, Epson FX-85 w/Grappler C/Mac/GS, 2 3.5" drives, no
hard drive.  I booted 5.0.2 with a 512K RAM disk enabled.  Copied the GWIII
program to the RAM drive and loaded it from there.

        A few of the features I like.
1.)  It uses drivers to import and export documents from other popular sources.
(Appleworks Classic, Mousewrite, a few others)  This makes for easy expansion
as the entire program does not need to be rewritten to add new import/export
features.  (Expandability)
2.)  When you start it has no fonts loaded.  This allows you to load only fonts
which you want to use, thus saving memory.

        A feature I did not like.
1.)  Because of the graphic tools the entire width of the text field does not
fit on the screen at any one time.  (GWIII does have a feature to scale, but
this decreases readability.)  So, you must scroll horizontally through the
document as well as vertically.

        I haven't been able to give the program a thorough shakedown, but I
am impressed so far.  Whether or not it will be worth the wait remains to be
seen.
                              Eric

* My opinions aren't even my own, most of the time. - me                      *
*                                                                             *
* "I drank what?" - Socrates             I know this ship like the back of    *
*                                         my *Clunk*.  -  Scotty              *
*   UN027265@Wvnvaxa.Wvnet.Edu              Eric Krichbaum, NREMTA            *

ggray@wpi.wpi.edu (Gary P Gray) (03/10/90)

In article <9003090227.AA11706@apple.com> UN027265@WVNVAXA.WVNET.EDU (Eric Krichbaum) writes:
>Here it is...
>
>First impressions:
>1.)  It comes packaged with 4.0 and 5.0.2, so depending on your memory you can
>use the fastest opsystem available to you.
  etc.

Um, maybe I'm stupid but I don't think you made it all clear *what* you
were reviewing.  GWIII?  I assume that is what you are talking about, but what
is it?
--
-- WARNING!!! The above opinions may be HAZARDOUS or FATAL if swallowed!!! --
 "It's big                                |  Gary Gray -- ggray@wpi.wpi.edu

nagendra@bucsf.bu.edu (nagendra mishr) (03/13/90)

exactly what product is this review for?

nagendra@bucsf.bu.edu