[comp.sys.apple] Prizm & Orca/C problems

jason@madnix.UUCP (Jason Blochowiak) (03/12/90)

jb10320@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Desdinova) writes:
>> [I deleted Bob Tanner's question about making Prizm recognize Pascal]
> [Then I deleted the, apparently correct, answer]

>   Speaking of the desktop, has anyone ever completed a project without
>   the Prizm desktop crashing? I was hoping the new Beta 1.1b9 would include
>   a modified desktop, but no luck.

	Hehe... You're joking, right? I've never been able to complete an
entire edit/compile cycle! This is with 2.25Mb of RAM, as well. The environment
_could_ be very nice, if it were an order of magnitude less buggy.

	And speaking of the new version of the compiler - I have a scanner/
parser pair that I wrote for my compiler class, written in standard C (and my
standard C is pretty generic - no #ifdef's, etc.). I tried to compile it
using Orca/C v1.1b9, and it went through and said that it was including all of
the headers (properly), and then proceeded to stop. No code generation
whatsoever - didn't even claim to be processing the functions. It created
1 block x.A and x.ROOT files (I didn't even look to see if the OMF headers,
if any, were intact). I'm getting worried, as this is supposed to be the
"almost ready" version of v1.1.

--
                      Jason Blochowiak - jason@madnix.UUCP
or, try:         astroatc!nicmad!madnix!jason@spool.cs.wisc.edu

gentrys@ingr.com (Scott Gentry) (03/14/90)

In article <1166@madnix.UUCP>, jason@madnix.UUCP (Jason Blochowiak) writes:
> jb10320@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Desdinova) writes:
> >> [I deleted Bob Tanner's question about making Prizm recognize Pascal]
> > [Then I deleted the, apparently correct, answer]

[And I axed even more...]
> if any, were intact). I'm getting worried, as this is supposed to be the
> "almost ready" version of v1.1.

You should send all code that produces problems to Mike Westerfield.
I can't help further as discussions about problems with beta software
should be handled directly by the author.

--
*Scott Gentry             |UUCP:uunet!ingr!gentrys    |                   *
*Intergraph Corporation   |America Online: AFL Scott  |I speak for myself *