[comp.sys.apple] Apple Emulator

stowekeller@pro-sol.cts.com (Stowe Keller) (03/16/90)

        Yes, there is an 80286 software emulator of an Apple ][+ that is
in existence, including source code, and I have a copy of it.  Although I have
not seen it in person, two people I know with PC's have it and have
successfully used it and they say that on a 20Mhz+ machine it does a
remarkably good job emulating a 1Mhz Apple ][+ (the phrase they use is
"spooky" after seeing the Apple ][ message come up on their PC's screen).
Unfortunately, part of the package is a raw image of the Apple ][+ ROMs, so it
would be a violation of Apple's copyrights to post it publicly (IMHO).  But
that doesn't mean you can't get it from an {ndividual who has it...

        I would love to see this package be expanded to become a //e emulator,
although I'm sure that will take about a magnitude more work due to all the
fancy bank-switching (although I'm told that the current emulation has an
option for emulating the 16K language card).  Any takers?

                        Stowe

Stowe Keller                              Author of ProDOS8 LIST utility
CompuServe: 71540,725   GEnie: SKELLER   BIX: stowekeller
UUCP: [ sdcsvax nosc ] !crash!pro-carolina!stowekeller
ARPA: crash!pro-carolina!stowekeller@nosc.mil
INET: stowekeller@pro-carolina.cts.com
US SNAIL:             101 Viewmont Court, Charlottesville, VA USA 22901