[comp.sys.apple] MultiJuggle

gt0t+@andrew.cmu.edu (Gregory Ross Thompson) (02/07/90)

  Wow, I was quite impressed with this.  Where did the $C2 (I guess
that's the type) come from?  Who made it?  Was it on a GS originally?
If so, what software was used?

		-Greg T.

pa1017@sdcc13.ucsd.edu (Nick Lenz) (02/07/90)

In article <8ZnmO1C00Ug7AB50g3@andrew.cmu.edu> gt0t+@andrew.cmu.edu (Gregory Ross Thompson) writes:

>  Wow, I was quite impressed with this.  Where did the $C2 (I guess
>that's the type) come from?  Who made it?  Was it on a GS originally?
>If so, what software was used?
>
>		-Greg T.

Well, the filetype $C2 is a PaintWorks animation file. The ray
tracings were done by Robert Morgan, and yes they were done on a gs.
The program to do the ray-tracings is written in Pascal, and it is
something Robert wrote himself. I believe that he said that it takes
a few hours a piece to do the tracings, but then again, he has a
Floating Point Engine :) If interrested, I have the source, and I
doubt he would mind it getting out. That's what he said, right
Lynda? Right? Anyways, I also have some of his earlier ray tracings
somewhere. Mail me and I'll dig them up.

Nick Lenz
InterNet: nlenz@ucsd.edu  -or-  pa1017@sdcc13.ucsd.edu
   GEnie: N.LENZ
       "Of course I'm ubiquitous... I'm here, aren't I?" - ubik

cyliao@eng.umd.edu (Chun-Yao Liao) (02/28/90)

A while back I was asking if anyone successfully compiled the MultiJuggle,
well, didnt get any answer... so I am asking this question again now.

I got compiling error of "expression too complex" while compiling the source
code with TML pascal 1.5 running under system 3.1 (or something like 3.x?)
The GS I used has 1.5 megs of memory, 2 Apple 3.5 disk (platinum), 1 Apple
5.25 driver, gs RGB monitor,...AppleTalk on slot 7 (and 1?) no any other
card in the //gs.
can anyone tells what's wrong or what should I do?

Thanx in advance

(BTW, I just read an article about Ray Trace in Feb 90 of Byte magazine)

--
|I want Rocket Chip 10 MHz, Z-Ram Ultra II, UniDisk 3.5 | cyliao@wam.umd.edu  |
|I want my own NeXT, 50MHz 68040, 64Mb RAM, 660Mb SCSI, |    Chun Yao Liao    |

TSEMM@ALASKA.BITNET ("Ed 'Apple Guru' Moore") (03/11/90)

I recently downloaded multijuggle from apple2-l.  I got a S16 and a $c2
file...when I load up the s16 animator, and click on the picture, it showes
me it for a second, then goes back to the dialog box....HOw am I supposed
to work it?

TSEMM@ALASKA.BITNET

cs225ax@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (03/13/90)

     I had the same problem.  It means you don't have enough memory.  Try
running without a RAM disk, and if that doesn't work, with a bare-bones
system disk.  If that doesn't work, your machine probably doesn't have enough
memory.  I can't remember the specific memory requirements, sorry.

							Ken.
						   ken-b@uiuc.edu

macausla@newton.ccs.tuns.ca (Robert MacAusland) (03/16/90)

Are there are more animation files out there compatible with Jason
Harper's Anim utility.  Multijuggle was interesting and I'd be
interested in seeing more....
--
/* Robert MacAusland -> macausla@newton.ccs.tuns.ca */

UN027265@WVNVAXA.WVNET.EDU (Eric Krichbaum) (03/17/90)

It will use any Animation file created with Paintworks+/Gold.

Later,
 Eric
  UN027265@Wvnvaxa.Wvnet.Edu