[comp.sys.apple] Memory

joec@rocksvax.UUCP (02/26/87)

Does anyone know how to upgrade the memory of an apple iie without
having to buy the boards. I would like to upgrade my 64k to 128k
at home cheaply and simply.

msimmond@umn-d-ub.D.UMN.EDU (Mark) (04/07/89)

I have gotten a memory board that is populated with 256 x 8 chips and I was
wondering how I would find out if I could use these for my IIGS. The numbers on
the chips are MCM6665BP20 and M5K464ANP. Would it wreck my memory board or the
computer or the new memory chips if I just tried them in my computer?

Any help would be appreciated.

Mark Simmonds

uucp msimmmond@ub.d.umn.edu

girardin@acsu.buffalo.edu (12/08/89)

i just ordered the multiscribe gs to appleworks gs upgrade kit from
claris yesterday and am really excited about finally owning
appleworks.

right now i have only 1.25 meg installed. memory seems cheap right
now, so i'd like to upgrade to 2 megs. my apple memory card is full,
so i'll need to buy a new card. what would be the cheapest way to
upgrade? should i buy a card that uses the same chips? if so, what
card would you suggest.

now all i need is a twgs and a hard drive!

thanks for any advice,

anthony c girardin

j_p@pro-lep.cts.com (Jason Perez) (12/16/89)

   I've got a small program that will display 320x200 $C1(uncompressed)
pictures from Prodos 8 ( got it from Incider).  I've modified it so it will
search a pathname and get all the type $C1 pictures and then put them into an
array.  Before doing any displaying I printed out the entire array and it
contained about 250+ files (from a Vulcan).  Then I entered the loop to
display all the files one at a time.  The program works up to around the 43rd
pictures, then crashes.  I printed out the variable in question and it was all
hosed up(garbage characters).  What's the problem, is it memory?  I've got a
ROM 01 GS w/ 3Megs of RAM.
        Does anybody know of a driver for an HP Deskjet printer, or an HP
Paintjet printer?

J0P7771@TAMVENUS --> BITNET
_____

UUCP: crash!pro-lep!j_p
ARPA: crash!pro-lep!j_p@nosc.mil
INET: j_p@pro-lep.cts.com

dlyons@Apple.COM (David A. Lyons) (12/21/89)

In article <8590.net.apple@pro-lep> j_p@pro-lep.cts.com (Jason Perez) writes:
>I've got a small program that will display 320x200 $C1(uncompressed)
>pictures from Prodos 8 ( got it from Incider).  I've modified it so it will
>search a pathname and get all the type $C1 pictures and then put them into an
>array.  Before doing any displaying I printed out the entire array and it
>contained about 250+ files (from a Vulcan).  Then I entered the loop to
>display all the files one at a time.  The program works up to around the 43rd
>pictures, then crashes.  I printed out the variable in question and it was all
>hosed up(garbage characters).  What's the problem, is it memory?  I've got a
>ROM 01 GS w/ 3Megs of RAM.

It sounds like your program is in Applesoft and is not managing memory
properly--it works "by accident" until your string garbage grows down far
enough to collide with some memory you're using down below.  Are you
BLOADing anything into bank 0?  If so, I recommend putting your Applesoft
program *above* the area you'll be BLOADing into, something like this:

0  N=64 :
   IF PEEK(104)<>N THEN
        POKE 104,N :
        POKE 256*N,0 :
        PRINT CHR$(4);"RUN MYPROGRAM"
--

 --David A. Lyons, Apple Computer, Inc.      |   DAL Systems
   Apple II Developer Technical Support      |   P.O. Box 875

   My opinions are my own, not Apple's.

yk4@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu (Yong Su Kim) (01/16/90)

I have an Octoram with 4X256K SIMMS and I would like to upgrade to 2
megs.
I plan to do this by selling my old SIMMS and purchasing 2 1Meg SIMMS.
Could someone email phone numbers of some companies which sell thses
SIMMS at a decent price?
Thanks.

PS. If anyone wants those 256K simms, send me an offer.
|Internet: yk4@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu        |||||||||||Yong Su Kim||||||||||||
|Bitnet  : yk4@cunixc			     |||||The Korean from Hong Kong||||
|UUCP    : uunet!rutgers!columbia!cunixc!yk4 |||||||...Apple IIGS user...||||||

jayg@wpi.wpi.edu (Jay Giurleo) (03/20/90)

 I was interested in upgrading my IIgs's memory.  Currently, I own an Apple
memory expansion board, with 768K, however, I'd like more.
 Could someone recommend a decent place that I could buy new chips?  Also, what
TYPE of chips should I be looking for?  Thanks.

           -Jayg