[comp.lang.misc] Simula-67 manual

khayo@ucla-cs.UUCP (06/18/87)

In article <1288@cullvax.UUCP> drw@cullvax.UUCP (Dale Worley) writes:
>Is there any standard Simula tutorial or reference I can learn the
>language from?

The only thing I know of is a relatively easy to find book 'Simula-begin'
by the authors of the language: Dahl, Birtwistle, Nygaard... and I
forget the fourth one, but it should be under 'D'. The only other source
would be the CDC ref. manual, but STAY AWAY from it !!! (full of bugs &
misprints).
Please keep me informed - if you find out anything new. Thanks,
                                      khayo [Eric Behr]

keld@diku.UUCP (Keld J|rn Simonsen) (06/21/87)

I have got the "SIMULA BEGIN" book right beside me and it is:
Copyright G.M. Birthwistle, O-J Dahl, B. Myhrhaug, K. Nygaard 1973,
Second edition 1979. publisher: Van Nostrand Reinhold Company
135 West 50th Street, NY 100 20, USA. ISBN 0-442-80340-0.

A recent list of Simula books was printed in the latest issue
of the "SIMULA NEWSLETTER" (vol. 15 no 2, May 1987), which can
be obtained freely from:

     Association of SIMULA Users (ASU)
     P.O.B. 335, Blindern
     N-0314 Oslo 3