[net.movies] A possible TITAN movie?

boyajian@akov68.DEC (Jerry Boyajian) (02/01/85)

> From:	ukma!sean

> I heard rumors (I can't remember where) that someone was going to
> attempt  the tremendous undertaking of making Titan into a movie.
> I believe that Sigourney Weaver was going to play the title role.

The *title* role?? I don't think she's large enough, for one... :-)

> Can anyone confirm this? What director  would  dare  attempt  it?
> Will  it  be just Titan, or will (groan) he/she do a Dune and try
> to roll all three into one movie?
>
> I think Sigourney Weaver would  be  perfect  for  the  role.  I'd
> applaud  the  casting board, even giving them a standing ovation.
> She IS Cirocco Jones.

I haven't heard anything about a TITAN movie. I think you may be confusing
this with a discussion in net.sf-lovers about "Gee, wouldn't it be a neat
idea if they made TITAN into a movie with Sigourney Weaver as Cirocco
Jones?" some months ago.
	This doesn't mean that someone *isn't* making one or has plans to
make one. But if it's so, I haven't heard of it.

--- jayembee (Jerry Boyajian, DEC, Maynard, MA)

UUCP:	{decvax|ihnp4|allegra|ucbvax|...}!decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-akov68!boyajian
ARPA:	boyajian%akov68.DEC@DECWRL.ARPA