[comp.lang.misc] Re^2: object oriented design decision

reino@euraiv1.UUCP (Reino de Boer) (11/14/88)

dan-hankins@cup.portal.com (Daniel B Hankins) writes:

>Thanks for all the email responses to my query.  To summarize:

>Multiple inheritance is an indication that something is wrong with the class
>hierarchy.  Restructure that and single inheritance should do fine.  This
>also does away with things like the specific inheritance mechanism and
>method/variable drop clauses.

>Dan Hankins

How about having two separate classes for a linked list:
Class List
Class EmptyList
and trying to build a stack as subclass of List and EmptyList.
Isn't multiple inheritance nicer than trying to make class List act like
two separate concepts ?