[comp.lang.misc] Fewer Tears

phipps@garth.UUCP (Clay Phipps) (11/29/88)

In article <747@quintus.UUCP> ok@quintus.UUCP (Richard A. O'Keefe) writes:
>You should have been given a copy of the article
>"Algol 68 with Fewer Tears"...it appeared in the Computer Journal.

C. H. Lindsey: "Algol 68 With Fewer Tears", Computer Journal,
vol. 15 (1972), p. 176..188.

This periodical is the journal of the British Computer Society,
and as far as I know, has no relation whatsoever to the American
publication of the same name.

Also of interest to those familiar with PL/I:

S. H. Valentine: "Comparative Notes On Algol 68 And PL/I",
Computer Journal, vol. 17 (1974), p. 325..331.
--
[The foregoing may or may not represent the position, if any, of my employer]

Clay Phipps                       {ingr,pyramid,sri-unix!hplabs}!garth!phipps