[comp.lang.misc] Icon plug

ok@quintus.uucp (Richard A. O'Keefe) (11/30/88)

In article <1064@raspail.UUCP> bga@raspail.UUCP (Bruce Albrecht) writes:
>There are a lot of languages out there that were developed
>by individuals (Snobol, Icon, Euclid, Trac, FP, etc.) that probably would be
>considered successes under your first criterion, but never achieved wide-scale
>popularity, for numerous reasons, including lack of publicity or machine
>implementations, or similarity to other languages.

I would just like to remark that Icon is very much a live language, is
available for a lot of machines (PCs, PS/2, Atari-ST, VAX/VMS, Unix, lots
of others), is a heck of a lot cleaner than AWK, and is available for the
price of the tape/floppies + handling from the University of Arizona, in
*source* form.  Don't dismiss it yet!