[comp.lang.misc] GPPL

eugene@eos.UUCP (Eugene Miya) (05/03/89)

In article <4054@ficc.uu.net> cliff@ficc.uu.net (cliff click) writes:
>Postscript is a general purpose programming language (ok, that's stretching
>it a bit :-).
Er, ah?  What's a general purpose programming language (in the context of
graphics)?  Does it different from a "graphics programming language?"
Let's keep the graphics for now, but if it becomes more comp.lang.misc,
remove it.

Longish signature follows "Type 'n' now"

Another gross generalization from

--eugene miya, NASA Ames Research Center, eugene@aurora.arc.nasa.gov
  resident cynic at the Rock of Ages Home for Retired Hackers:
  "If my mail does not reach you, please accept my apology."
  {ncar,decwrl,hplabs,uunet}!ames!eugene
  				Live free or die.

pardo@june.cs.washington.edu (David Keppel) (05/03/89)

In article <3470@eos.UUCP> eugene@eos.UUCP (Eugene Miya) writes:
>[Postscript as a GP programming language]

The front panel on (at least on of) the Texas Instruments PostScript
printers is written entirely in PostScript.  As a result, the front
panel can have arbitrary functions downloaded...

	;-D on  ( Does a laser printer use laser lead? )  Pardo
--
		    pardo@cs.washington.edu
    {rutgers,cornell,ucsd,ubc-cs,tektronix}!uw-beaver!june!pardo