[net.movies] Music from Zardoz

gnome@olivee.UUCP (Gary Traveis) (02/13/85)

Don't laugh, but I want to know what the classical
piece at the beginning of the movie Zardoz is.

I can't find it on video so I can't look it up.

Have at it,

	Gary

rjw@ptsfc.UUCP (Rod Williams) (02/14/85)

In article <247@olivee.UUCP> gnome@olivee.UUCP (Gary Traveis) writes:

>Don't laugh, but I want to know what the classical
>piece at the beginning of the movie Zardoz is.

 Snatches of Beethoven's Symphony #7 are played throughout Zardoz -
 probably the best feature of the film (:-))

 Incidentally, the brother of a friend of mine was one of Sean
 Connery's sidekicks-on-horseback in this supreme contribution to
 cinematographic art, filmed mostly in the hills of Co. Wicklow,
 south of Dublin (Ireland), as also was John Boorman's more recent
 epic, Excalibur (the music was the best part of that one too :-))
--

 rod williams
 --------------------

stewart@ihldt.UUCP (R. J. Stewart) (02/16/85)

> Don't laugh, but I want to know what the classical
> piece at the beginning of the movie Zardoz is.

It's the second movement from Beethoven's symphony #7.

I've never found and orchestral version that I liked as much as the
movie version, though; something about the singing that makes it
more etherial.

Bob Stewart
ihldt!stewart

dan@rna.UUCP (02/17/85)

	Don't know if this is in the beginning... but I thought
Zardoz was completely dominated by Beethoven's Seventh.

				Dan