[comp.lang.misc] Copyrights

From comp.lang.c, an amusing note...

In article <1989Aug22.130242.2059@jarvis.csri.toronto.edu>, flaps@dgp.toronto.edu (Alan J Rosenthal) writes:
> ... and I never hope to
> see one.  (But I can tell you anyhow, I'd rather see than be one! %)

> % probably copyright, as it is half of the work in question.  Three-quarters,
> actually, including the last bit of the previous sentence.

Not only that, but the subsequent work indicates that you probably
don't have permission:

	Yes, I wrote "The Purple Cow", I wish I never wrote it.
	But I will tell you anyhow, I'll kill you if you quote it.

But now I can't recall who the author was... :-<
--
Peter da Silva, *NIX support guy @ Ferranti International Controls Corporation.
Biz: peter@ficc.uu.net, +1 713 274 5180. Fun: peter@sugar.hackercorp.com. `-_-'