[net.movies] Reed Movies

moriarty@fluke.UUCP (Jeff Meyer) (02/20/85)

In article <155@rtech.ARPA> wong@rtech.ARPA (J. Wong) writes:

>Any Reedies out there who remember the films shot on Reed's campus in 1978?  I
>believe they were "First Love", starring Susan Dey, and some possession piece
>starring Joan Collins and James Farentino (Franciscus? :-)).  I never saw eitherof them (and I don't seem to feel I missed anything), but perhaps if you did,
>your observations might be relevant to this discussion. (I'm interested, anyway)
>--
>
>				J. Wong

Ah, yes.  "First Love", with Susan Dey and William ("Get the jammies,
Ralph!") Katt.  I believe Reed has made about 3 satires on it, "Worst Love"
being the perennial favorite.  I had the interesting sensation of watching
Dey & Katt make love in what was apparently my dorm room when viewing the
movie my freshman year -- it looked a lot cleaner, and there was much nicer
furniture.  Still, it was fun to hang an old "Partridge Family" album over
the bed...

The other movie was, I believe, "Satan's School for Girls", but the title
could be wrong.  I remember Franciscus (Farentino?), but not Collins -- she
was not the sensations she is now when I saw it.

I believe Reed was (is?) used as a movie set occasionally due to the fact
that it has "Ivy League" or Oxford-like looks, but is a lot closer to Los
Angeles than most colleges of that description.  Also, it has no summer
session, and so is pretty clear for filming during that time of year.

				"Honey, this is GREAT coffee."

					Moriarty, aka Jeff Meyer
					John Fluke Mfg. Co., Inc.
UUCP:
 {cornell,decvax,ihnp4,sdcsvax,tektronix,utcsrgv}!uw-beaver \
    {allegra,gatech!sb1,hplabs!lbl-csam,decwrl!sun,ssc-vax} -- !fluke!moriarty
ARPA:
	fluke!moriarty@uw-beaver.ARPA