[comp.lang.misc] Mighty Fortran II

tneff@bfmny0.UU.NET (Tom Neff) (10/19/89)

In article <4560@bd.sei.cmu.edu> firth@sei.cmu.edu (Robert Firth) writes:
>Finally, one can always avoid enhancing languages.  (And yes, I too
>prefer Fortran II to any of its descendents.)

Amen to this.  Real men use arithmetic IF's!  And real systems
programmers invoke machine language subprograms by initializing
a COMMON block and CALLing it...

Neff's Theorem: Advanced interactive graphic windowing user friendly
interfaces will never be complete until the user, at his fancy
workstation, is able to submit a DECK at the OPERATOR WINDOW and wait
for his PRINTOUT on a nearby SHELF!
--
Machines will never think, for "thought"   ?!     Tom Neff
will be redefined, as often as needed,      !?    tneff@bfmny0.UU.NET