[comp.lang.misc] FORTRAN -> c

carroll@bcsaic.UUCP (Jeff Carroll) (02/13/90)

	Seems like I saw this posted just a few days ago, but it's gone
from our local news directory, so...

	Is there a PD (or cheap) FORTRAN->c translator? Where and how
does one get it?

	Jeff Carroll
	carroll@atc.boeing.com

mskucherawy@dahlia.waterloo.edu (Murray S. Kucherawy) (02/17/90)

In article <20243@bcsaic.UUCP> carroll@bcsaic.UUCP (Jeff Carroll) writes:

>	Seems like I saw this posted just a few days ago, but it's gone
>from our local news directory, so...
>
>	Is there a PD (or cheap) FORTRAN->c translator? Where and how
>does one get it?
>
>	Jeff Carroll
>	carroll@atc.boeing.com

Send the following message to netlib@research.att.com:

	send index from f2c

====================== Murray S. Kucherawy (WATBURR) =======================
E-Mail:    mskucherawy@{ watmath | dahlia | crocus | trillium }.waterloo.edu
Faculty of Mathematics (Comp Sci), University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ontario
Gamesmaster/Postmaster, UW Computer Science Club (mkuch@watcsc.waterloo.edu)
System Manager, VAX/VMS Network, Board of Education, London, Ontario

CMH117@psuvm.psu.edu (Charles Hannum) (02/22/90)

Okay.  This is a definitive answer (as of posting).

Send the command "help" in a note to netlib@research.att.com.  Among other
things, this has a FORTRAN 77 --> C converter on it.  Saying "send all from
f2c/src" will send you the entire source code for the translator (in about
27 parts, which you'll probably want to piece together with the netchop
program that's sent first.)  You put them together into one big file, sh
it, make it, and if everything goes well, you'll have a program called f2c.

You may also need some special libraries to use program translated with
this.  "send libi77 libf77 from f2c" should get you these.

Virtually,
- Charles Martin Hannum II       "Klein bottle for sale ... inquire within."
    (That's Charles to you!)     "To life immortal!"
  cmh117@psuvm.{bitnet,psu.edu}  "No noozzzz izzz netzzzsnoozzzzz..."
  c9h@psuecl.{bitnet,psu.edu}    "Mem'ry, all alone in the moonlight ..."