[comp.lang.misc] Is there a discussion on MATHEMATICA ?

lauten@marvin.e17.Physik.TU-Muenchen.DE (Markus Lautenbacher) (05/30/90)

I don't know whether this is the right newsgroup to post my question to but
so far I haven't seen a group it would exactly fit in. In a sense knowing
where to post it would probably answer my question.
I plan to use the symbolic manipulation program MATHEMATICA by S. Wolfram
to do some lengthy calculations in High Energy Physics. Therefore I would
like to know whether there is a place on the net where  MATHEMATICA
and/or related issues are discussed. Furthermore I would be interested
in MATHEMATICA packages posted to the net.

I would greatly appreciate information on these issues. Thanks in advance.

MARKUS LAUTENBACHER ( lauten@ds0.cip.physik.tu-muenchen.de )

raja@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (Raja Sooriamurthi) (05/31/90)

lauten@marvin.e17.Physik.TU-Muenchen.DE (Markus Lautenbacher) writes:

>I don't know whether this is the right newsgroup to post my question to but
>so far I haven't seen a group it would exactly fit in. In a sense knowing
>where to post it would probably answer my question.
>I plan to use the symbolic manipulation program MATHEMATICA by S. Wolfram
>to do some lengthy calculations in High Energy Physics. Therefore I would
>like to know whether there is a place on the net where  MATHEMATICA
>and/or related issues are discussed. Furthermore I would be interested
>in MATHEMATICA packages posted to the net.

>I would greatly appreciate information on these issues. Thanks in advance.

sci.math.symbolic is what you are looking for. Though this group is
ment for  symbolic math in general, a considerable volume of info.
posted is on mathematica. Though there was a proposal to have a
separate group for mathematica, I don't think is got through.

Raja Sooriamurthi                              Computer Science Department
raja@silver.ucs.indiana.edu                       Indiana University