[comp.lang.misc] Lack of distinction between input & output fn parameters

diamond@tkou02.enet.dec.com (diamond@tkovoa) (09/03/90)

In article <1990Aug31.234937.29938@athena.mit.edu> ahodgson@hstbme.mit.edu.UUCP (Antony Hodgson) writes:

>I was thinking that a clearer syntax might be something like the following:
>	void (Vector Evals, Matrix EVectors) EigenStuff( Matrix A )
>and	errorcode (Object X) SomeFunction( int i )
>and the functions could be used as follows:
>	( EVals, EVectors ) = EigenStuff( A )
>and	if ( (X) = SomeFunction(i) == BAD_NEWS ) ...

I like this idea.  I have redirected it to comp.lang.misc, where it belongs.
Don't look for it to be added to an existing language.

--
Norman Diamond, Nihon DEC       diamond@tkou02.enet.dec.com
We steer like a sports car:  I use opinions; the company uses the rack.