[comp.lang.misc] Intercal Interpreter / Compiler, where can I get it ?

freiss@nixdorf.de (the hacker) (09/25/90)

Hi,

some months ago someone posted to the net that he had written
an Intercal compiler or interpreter. I haven't heard anything
about such a beast since then - but since a group alt.lang.intercal
has been created in the meantime, I presume it exists (I don't
get the alt.* groups over here).

Anybody know a site where I can get the compiler / interpreter
plus a complete language description (by mail server or anon ftp) ?

Please respond by email or post to comp.lang.misc (like I said, I don't
get alt.lang.intercal) if you think this is of general interest.

Thanks, Martin

--
 Martin Freiss        internet:  freiss.pad@nixdorf.com
 Nixdorf Computer AG     in europe: ..!unido!nixpbe!freiss.pad

steve@bat.lle.rochester.edu (Steve Swales) (09/26/90)

In article <freiss.654242593@peun33> freiss@nixdorf.de (the hacker) writes:
>some months ago someone posted to the net that he had written
>an Intercal compiler or interpreter. I haven't heard anything
>about such a beast since then - but since a group alt.lang.intercal
>has been created in the meantime, I presume it exists (I don't
>get the alt.* groups over here).

The compiler does exist, and I guess I'm the holder of the latest
revision of it... not the original author, but I have made a lot of
bug/feature fixes, and have posted them to alt.lang.intercal in the
past.

>Anybody know a site where I can get the compiler / interpreter
>plus a complete language description (by mail server or anon ftp) ?

The idea of setting up a site was suggested in a.l.i, but never acted on,
as far as I know... If someone would be willing to volunteer, I'm still
willing to continue to update the sources, but can't really maintain an
ftp site/ mail server.

-steve
--
 Steve Swales                (716) 275-0265,-3857,-5101| he cried. "The game is

eric@snark.thyrsus.com (Eric S. Raymond) (09/27/90)

In <freiss.654242593@peun33> the hacker wrote:
> Anybody know a site where I can get the [INTERCAL] compiler / interpreter
> plus a complete language description (by mail server or anon ftp) ?

I wrote this puppy. I'm going to post version 5 as soon as I can shake
loose a couple days to merge in the fixes I've been sent.
--
      Eric S. Raymond = ...!uunet!snark!eric  (mad mastermind of TMN-Netnews)