[comp.lang.misc] ML books and information

bagchi@eecs.umich.edu (Ranjan Bagchi) (10/14/90)

	I'm looking for a tutorial on ML.  The library here has "The
Definition of Standard ML" which I got absolutely nothing out of, and
another book called "Functional Programming using Standard ML" which I
haven't seen yet, but I'll look at as soon as it's returned.
	Secondly, are there any mailing lists or such around for ML
users?  If comp.lang.ml does exist, my site doesn't get it.

	-rj
	bagchi@eecs.umich.edu

yoshiki@etl.go.jp (KINOSHITA Yoshiki) (11/09/90)

In article <BAGCHI.90Oct13142913@snarf.eecs.umich.edu> bagchi@eecs.umich.edu (Ranjan Bagchi) writes:

>	Secondly, are there any mailing lists or such around for ML
>users?  If comp.lang.ml does exist, my site doesn't get it.

There is a mailing list for Standard ML users.  Send a message to

	sml-requests@cs.cmu.edu

to join it.

					KINOSHITA Yoshiki
					[Kinoshita is my family name]

					Computer Language Section
					Electrotechnical Laboratory
					Tsukba, Japan

nick@cs.edinburgh.ac.uk (Nick Rothwell) (11/12/90)

In article <48057@etlcom.etl.go.jp>, yoshiki@etl.go.jp (KINOSHITA Yoshiki) writes:
> There is a mailing list for Standard ML users.  Send a message to
>
> 	sml-requests@cs.cmu.edu

"sml-request" actually. "sml-requests" would be the corresponding
radio show... :-)

--
Nick Rothwell,	Laboratory for Foundations of Computer Science, Edinburgh.
		nick@lfcs.ed.ac.uk    <Atlantic Ocean>!mcsun!ukc!lfcs!nick