[comp.lang.misc] Request for info: Oberon

hsrender@happy.colorado.edu (03/27/91)

Not to disrupt the ongoing, everpresent language wars, but could anyone point
me to some good explanatory papers on Oberon?  I'm interested in the language
and would like to find out more about it.  Please E-MAIL any responses to me,
as I find it fairly difficult to wade through all the junk on dynamic vs.
static typing.

thanks,

hal render
render@zeppo.colorado.edu

chughes@maths.tcd.ie (Conrad Hughes) (04/01/91)

In <1991Mar26.174602.1@happy.colorado.edu> hsrender@happy.colorado.edu writes:

>Not to disrupt the ongoing, everpresent language wars, but could anyone point
>me to some good explanatory papers on Oberon?

I read that Wirth has released several PD compilers for it,
including one for Suns.. Does anybody know of any sites with sources
for these? - Email me please.

Thanks,
Conrad
--
Will you sell me one of those if I shave my head
Get me out of town is what Fireball said