[comp.lang.misc] WANTED: apt to rent in Baltimore, MD

abbott@opusc.csd.scarolina.edu (Elizabeth A. Abbott) (06/12/91)

I will be moving to the Baltimore area to attend Johns Hopkins
as a grad student by September 1st, and I need a place to live!

Please, oh please, let me know if you can help me out.
My apartment-hunting criteria are:

	-- cheap (under $500 a month)
	-- safe (I'm little  :-)
	-- not TOO far away from Johns Hopkins
	   (I have a car, but don't want to commute 2 hrs to get there)

People have been scaring me with tales of astronomical rent,
but I would much rather live alone than resort to having a roommate.

Thanks eversomuch if you can help me find a humble abode...

Please write me at   abbott@snuff.csd.scarolina.edu

	Thanks,
	Liz

diamond@jit533.swstokyo.dec.com (Norman Diamond) (06/13/91)

In article <1991Jun12.052814.295@opusc.csd.scarolina.edu> abbott@opusc.csd.scarolina.edu (Elizabeth A. Abbott) writes:
>I will be moving to the Baltimore area to attend Johns Hopkins
>as a grad student by September 1st, and I need a place to live!
>People have been scaring me with tales of astronomical rent,

Rents ARE astronomical here.  Also, commuting would take a while,
and I don't think your employer would pay your commuting expenses.
Perhaps did you post to the wrong newsgroup, and with the wrong distribution?

Suggestion:  Computer science and other technical ideas should have "world"
distribution (which for some reason doesn't happen often enough), and local
for-sale, for-rent, etc. items should have local distribution.
--
Norman Diamond       diamond@tkov50.enet.dec.com
Permission is granted to feel this signature, but not to look at it.