[comp.lang.apl] APL font for TeX

bunda@im4u.UUCP (02/09/87)

Does anyone know of or have a TEX APL font?  I'd like to
use some APL examples in a paper.  Thanks....

John Bunda
UT-Austin

ljdickey@water.UUCP (02/17/87)

In article <1486@im4u.UUCP>, bunda@im4u.UUCP (John Bunda) writes:
> Does anyone know of or have a TEX APL font?  I'd like to
> use some APL examples in a paper.

I do not know TeX format for fonts.

I could supply a bit map set for 8 point APL on a 300 dot printer
or you could use it for 10 point on a 240 dot/per inch printer.
It seems to work well with our DVI Troff.

I have heard that I.P. Sharp in Toronto is supplying (or soon will),
a Postscript type APL font.  Would that do?  Write to David Manson there.

--
  Prof. L. J. Dickey, Faculty of Mathematics, University of Waterloo.
	ljdickey@water.UUCP    ljdickey%water@waterloo.CSNET

shallit@gargoyle.UChicago.EDU (Jeff Shallit) (07/29/87)

Anybody know where I can get an APL font for TeX?

Jeff Shallit
Department of Computer Science
University of Chicago

...ihnp4!gargoyle!shallit

ljdickey@water.UUCP (08/04/87)

In some recent article shallit@gargoyle.UChicago.EDU (Jeff Shallit) writes:
>Anybody know where I can get an APL font for TeX?

I know several possible sources, (none guaranteed):

	Dr John E. Howland,
	Computer Science Dept.
	Trinity University
	San Antonio, Texas 78284

	Eugene E. MacDonald,
	I.P.Sharp Associates
	Palo Alto, Calif

	Prof. A. Hohti
	Math Dept
	U. Helsinki
	Hallituskatu 15
	SF-00100 HELSINKI, Finland

Someone within Xerox has developed such a font, and it is beautiful,
(according to one with a critical eye for fonts in general and APL
in particular).  But the head of department that owns this font will
not share it, even for internal use within the company!

--
 L. J. Dickey, Faculty of Mathematics, University of Waterloo.
 ljdickey@water.UUCP    ljdickey%water@waterloo.CSNET
 ljdickey%water%waterloo.csnet@csnet-relay.ARPA
 ljdickey@watdcs.BITNET		UUCP: ...!watmath!water!ljdickey

ken@rochester.arpa (Ken Yap) (08/05/87)

In this month's TUGBOAT comes a teaser of an APL font next issue.

	Ken