[comp.lang.apl] Looking for apl emulation on a mac

WENCU@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU (11/23/87)

A user on our system is looking for an apl terminal emulator to use on
our mainframe apl system. He has stsc apl for the mac which he says allows
him to run apl on his mac but it does not have a great program  for the
mainframe emulation that makes full use of the character set.

Please respond to him directly

mbscc@cunyvm.cuny.edu
mbscc@cunyvm.bitnet

ljdickey@water.UUCP (11/25/87)

In article <867WENCU@CUNYVM> WENCU@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU writes:
> A user on our system is looking for an apl terminal emulator to use on
> our mainframe apl system. He has stsc apl for the mac which he says allows
> him to run apl on his mac but it does not have a great program  for the
> mainframe emulation that makes full use of the character set.
>
> Please respond to him directly
>
> mbscc@cunyvm.cuny.edu
> mbscc@cunyvm.bitnet

I too am interested in knowing if this has been done for the Mac.

There was a student at Case Western Reserve University, who, last year
(in his final year) wrote such an emulator for the Atari ST.  Maybe
the code could be ported to the Mac.  I think that it was written in
MWC and the APL characters were designed with a PD font editor.

--
 L. J. Dickey, Faculty of Mathematics, University of Waterloo.
 ljdickey@watmath.UUCP		UUCP: ...!uunet!watmath!ljdickey