[comp.lang.apl] APL Compiler Book

metzger@convex.UUCP (02/20/88)

I called Springer Verlag (1-800-526-7254) to order Timothy Budd's
"An APL Compiler" ISBN 0-387-96643-9.  According to the lady who
answered my call, "my terminal says it is out of stock".

Bob Metzger
CONVEX Computer Corporation
ihnp4!convex!metzger

budd@mist.cs.orst.edu (Tim Budd) (02/23/88)

It may not really be out of stock, it may just not be in yet.
We had some problems with production - I made camera ready copy but
unfortunately it needed a small amount of cut and pasting (the APL fonts,
naturally, caused my Troff system fits, so I did them in latex).
Springer printed 2,000 copies back in January, but WITHOUT the cutting and
pasting.  When I pointed this out to them, they were very, very nice about
it, and said they would recall and destroy  as many as they could lay their
hands on and reprint them.  (A few had already gone out the door).
I have just received my first copy of the reprinted version,
so I suspect it has just recently come off the presses.  I would be very
surprized (but also very happy) if all the reprinted copies were already
sold out.

--tim budd

ljdickey@water.waterloo.edu (Lee Dickey) (02/23/88)

In article <69500001@convex> metzger@convex.UUCP writes:

>I called Springer Verlag (1-800-526-7254) to order Timothy Budd's
>"An APL Compiler" ISBN 0-387-96643-9.  According to the lady who
>answered my call, "my terminal says it is out of stock".
>
>Bob Metzger
>CONVEX Computer Corporation
>ihnp4!convex!metzger

Aha ... Must be a very popular book!
--
 L. J. Dickey, Faculty of Mathematics, University of Waterloo.
	ljdickey@water.waterloo.edu

metzger@convexc.UUCP (02/26/88)

Well, Springer Verlag will now take orders for Timothy Budd's
"An APL Compiler".  ISBN 0-387-96643-9  $22.50

800-526-7254.  call between 9:30-4:30 Eastern time.