[comp.lang.apl] IPSA's APL shareware

amit@umn-cs.cs.umn.edu (Neta Amit) (04/02/88)

Part 4 of the distribution appears to have been corrupted en-route.
A repost is sent, free of charge, to comp.binaries.ibm.pc .

--
  Neta Amit
  U of Minnesota CSci

rmpinchback@dahlia.waterloo.edu (Reid M. Pinchback) (04/04/88)

In article <4645@umn-cs.cs.umn.edu> amit@umn-cs.UUCP (Neta Amit) writes:
>Part 4 of the distribution appears to have been corrupted en-route.
>A repost is sent, free of charge, to comp.binaries.ibm.pc .

  Even after the repost, I still haven't had any luck de-arcing this
package.  Both ARC and PKXARC throw up violently.  Has anybody else had
any success?

guest@mit-hermes.ai.mit.edu.AI.MIT.EDU (G. U. Est Random) (04/04/88)

In article <6186@watdragon.waterloo.edu> rmpinchback@dahlia.waterloo.edu (Reid M. Pinchback) writes:
>In article <4645@umn-cs.cs.umn.edu> amit@umn-cs.UUCP (Neta Amit) writes:
>>Part 4 of the distribution appears to have been corrupted en-route.
>>A repost is sent, free of charge, to comp.binaries.ibm.pc .
>>
>  Even after the repost, I still haven't had any luck de-arcing this
>package.  Both ARC and PKXARC throw up violently.  Has anybody else had
>any success?

I haven't.  I get messages of "Warning!  Fails CRC check.  Not an archive."
I've even tried to ftp it from the address at the University of Minnesota
that Neta Amit gave; when I do, I get the same messages.  I think the archive
was corrupted on its way from Mr. Amit's PC to his UNIX system.

				--Scott Horne

shorne@amber.cs.clemson.edu
PHORNE@CLEMSON

P.O. Box 9495 Univ. Stat.
Clemson, SC   29632
Tel.:  803 656-8181

randy@chinet.UUCP (Randy Suess) (04/04/88)

In article <6186@watdragon.waterloo.edu> rmpinchback@dahlia.waterloo.edu (Reid M. Pinchback) writes:
>  Even after the repost, I still haven't had any luck de-arcing this
>package.  Has anybody else had any success?

	For what it is worth:

	I get my news straight from att-ih, (ex ihnp4)
	and the original posting de-arc'd and runs fine.

-randy

--
that's the biz, sweetheart.....
Randy Suess

laba-5ac@web3d.berkeley.edu (Erik Talvola) (04/06/88)

In article <2978@mit-hermes.ai.mit.edu.AI.MIT.EDU> guest@hermes.ai.mit.edu.UUCP (G. U. Est Random) writes:
<>In article <6186@watdragon.waterloo.edu> rmpinchback@dahlia.waterloo.edu (Reid M. Pinchback) writes:
<>>In article <4645@umn-cs.cs.umn.edu> amit@umn-cs.UUCP (Neta Amit) writes:
<>>>Part 4 of the distribution appears to have been corrupted en-route.
<>>>A repost is sent, free of charge, to comp.binaries.ibm.pc .
<>>>
<>>  Even after the repost, I still haven't had any luck de-arcing this
<>>package.  Both ARC and PKXARC throw up violently.  Has anybody else had
<>>any success?
<>
<>I haven't.  I get messages of "Warning!  Fails CRC check.  Not an archive."
<>I've even tried to ftp it from the address at the University of Minnesota
<>that Neta Amit gave; when I do, I get the same messages.  I think the archive
<>was corrupted on its way from Mr. Amit's PC to his UNIX system.
<>

Well, the ORIGINAL posting which arrived at U.C. Berkeley unarchived
perfectly, the first try for me.  One thing to look out for - the archive
uses the Squashing format on some files which may be confusing your
un-archiving program.  I am not sure if this is causing your problem or
not, but if the archive made it here all right, then it seems like it
should be correct most other places.

Erik Talvola          laba-5ac@widow.berkeley.edu

"I don't impress easy." -- Jesse "The Body" Ventura

trr@rayssd.ray.com (Terry R. Raymond) (04/06/88)

In article <6186@watdragon.waterloo.edu>, rmpinchback@dahlia.waterloo.edu (Reid M. Pinchback) writes:
* In article <4645@umn-cs.cs.umn.edu> amit@umn-cs.UUCP (Neta Amit) writes:
* >Part 4 of the distribution appears to have been corrupted en-route.
* >A repost is sent, free of charge, to comp.binaries.ibm.pc .
* >
*   Even after the repost, I still haven't had any luck de-arcing this
* package.  Both ARC and PKXARC throw up violently.  Has anybody else had
* any success?

I have successfully uudecoded, de-arced and run it.  It works fine.
--
Terry Raymond
Raytheon Submarine Signal Division; Portsmouth RI; (401)-847-8000 x5597

w8sdz@brl-smoke.ARPA (Keith B. Petersen ) (04/07/88)

The IPSA APL shareware package made it to SIMTEL20 on the first posting.
I have split it into two ARCs because it was too large to fit on a
floppy disk for backup.  The files are SAPLPC-A.ARC and SAPLPC-B.ARC and
are available from the PD1:<MSDOS.APL> directory via standard anonymous
FTP or via LISTSERV@RPICICGE.BITNET.

--Keith
--
Keith Petersen