[comp.lang.apl] IPSA shareware

zeke@fornax.UUCP (Zeke Hoskin) (04/06/88)

I have been supporting a commercial system in
IPSA APL/PC ever since IPSA and I parted company.
It is slower than STSC, but it is NOT unuseably
slow. It is not only plenty fast enough for
educational purposes, it is fast enough for
most serious applications.  The main reason I
use STSC APL is for compatability with other
APL users. (There are several other good reasons
for not using Sharp: it won't run on a PCjr; it
doesn't ring the bell unless you use AP440 (the
music AP, included), it requires APs for full-
screen and serial port applications (included),
it's BIG [whoever could need more than 640K?-
anonymous IBM/Microsoft ijjit], and they're not
likely to support it much now they don't sell it)
    Recommended. You won't see such a bargain
until the 50cent desktop Cray.

ece406@hubcap.UUCP (Kelvin F Poole) (04/07/88)

Could some kind person who downloaded this package please put
the file up for anonymous ftp?  I have problems with uudecode
at my end and therefore can't use the copy that was placed in
this newsgroup recently.  Neta Amit, who posted it, seems to
have taken it off of the University of Minnesota computer
(umn-cs.arpa) for anonymous ftp.

If Neta Amit is reading this message, would he please put it back
on umn-cs.arpa?

Please don't respond by mail; this isn't my account.  Thanks.

rmpinchback@dahlia.waterloo.edu (Reid M. Pinchback) (04/07/88)

In article <472@fornax.UUCP> zeke@fornax.UUCP (Zeke Hoskin) writes:
>I have been supporting a commercial system in
>IPSA APL/PC ever since IPSA and I parted company.
.... stuff
>    Recommended. You won't see such a bargain
>until the 50cent desktop Cray.

Question:  I've been hearing `rumours' that IPSA Apl requires an EGA
monitor to run on the IBM.  Is this true, or is it just better to use
with EGA (but could run on CGA)?

Thanks,

       Reid M. Pinchback