[comp.lang.apl] APL Terminal Emulators

david@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu (David Lassner) (12/08/88)

Anyone know of APL terminal emulators for the PC and/or Mac?
These would be used (hopefully) with both IBM VS/APL and
DEC VMS APL and maybe even Unix APL.
Thanks!

--
David Lassner, University of Hawaii Computing Center, 808/948-7351
INTERNET: david@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu      BITNET: david@uhccux

rjfrey@kepler1.UUCP (Robert J Frey) (12/09/88)

In article <2773@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu> david@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu (David Lassner) writes:
>Anyone know of APL terminal emulators for the PC...

If you have a very flexible terminal emulator, e.g., Kermit 2.30, and an EGA
of VGA card to download an APL character set to you should be able to build
something that works (er...ah...might be able to build something that works,
depending on your system.)

STSC's APL*PLUS has a terminal mode.

Dyalog's APL for UNIX uses a system of input and output tables which makes
it possible to make any terminal/PC with downloadable fonts an APL terminal.

|Dr. Robert J. Frey               | {acsm, sbcs, polyof}!kepler1!rjfrey      |
|Kepler Financial Management, Ltd.|------------------------------------------|
|100 North Country Rd., Bldg. B   | The views expressed are wholly my own and|
|Setauket, NY  11766              | and do not reflect those of the Indepen- |
|(516) 689-6300 x.16              | dent Republic of Latvia.                 |

ljdickey@water.waterloo.edu (Lee Dickey) (12/10/88)

In article <2773@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu> david@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu (David Lassner) writes:
>Anyone know of APL terminal emulators for the PC and/or Mac?

For the IBM PC, WATCOM offers one.

In article <2773@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu> david@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu (David Lassner) writes:
>Anyone know of APL terminal emulators for the PC and/or Mac?

For the IBM PC, WATCOM offers one, called WTALK.
It comes bundled with many packages that they offer, such as
their editor, WATCOM APL, or WATFILE.  WATCOM APL was the
first APL released for the IBM PC.

	WATCOM APL
	415 Phillip St.
	Waterloo, Ontario
	Canada    N2L 3X2
	(519) 886-3700

For the Mac, Spencer Organization has one that comes bundled
with their APL.68000, which is great; it is the fastest APL
around for 68000 based machines.

        Spencer Organization, Inc.
        366 Kinderkamack Road
        P.O. Box 248
        Westwood, New Jersey
	USA       07675
        (201)-666-6011

--
    L. J. Dickey, Faculty of Mathematics, University of Waterloo.
	ljdickey@WATDCS.UWaterloo.ca	ljdickey@water.BITNET