[comp.lang.apl] Quote Quad

hjm@cernvax.UUCP (Hubert Matthews) (12/07/88)

Can someone tell me how to get hold of Quote Quad, please?

Also, are there any other good sources of information about APL?  I'm
the only person around here who uses it (I started only recently) and
some external input would be most useful in order to gain some fluency
in APL (standard ways of doing things, &c.).

Thanks.

--

	Hubert Matthews

jaxon@uicsrd.csrd.uiuc.edu (12/15/88)

Quote Quad comes with membership in the Special Interest Group for APL

                 (S I G A P L)

I don't recall if you must also be a member of SIGAPL's parent organization
"Association for Computing Machinery" (ACM) but that's an easy access route.
Membership details are printed each month in the Communications of the ACM
and various other journals they publish.

rrr@hpdml93.HP.COM (rudi rynders) (12/17/88)

  APL QUOTE/QUAD can be obtained by joining the ACM (Association of
  Computing MAchinery) and joining the SIGAPL (Special Interest Group
  for APL).

ljdickey@water.waterloo.edu (Lee Dickey) (12/17/88)

In article <49700007@uicsrd.csrd.uiuc.edu> jaxon@uicsrd.csrd.uiuc.edu writes:
>I don't recall if you must also be a member of SIGAPL's parent organization
>"Association for Computing Machinery" (ACM) but that's an easy access route.
>Membership details are printed each month in the Communications of the ACM
>and various other journals they publish.

To join the ACM, write to them at

	Association for Computing Machinery
	P.O. Box 12114
	Church Street Station
	New Your, NY 10249
	Phone: 1 212 869 7440

and get an application.  You have to agree to the Purposes of ACM
and make a Self-Certification statement to join.  APL Quote Quad
is a benefit of membership in SIGAPL, the Special Interest Group for APL.
If you are already a member of the ACM, this is your cheapest option:
only $15 per year.

However, because APL Quote Quad existed before the APL group affiliated
with the ACM, there is an historical loophole; you can be a member of
SIGAPL, and receive APL Quote Quad, without becoming a member of the ACM!
The cost is low, only $40 per year.   Benefits include four issues a year,
one of which is usually a set of conference proceedings.  Same address as
above, but you can send your money in advance.

Or your library can subscribe for only $30 a year.  No membership
priveliges.  If you are, or have, a library, this is the cheapest
way to get it.  Same address as above.

--
    L. J. Dickey, Faculty of Mathematics, University of Waterloo.
	ljdickey@WATDCS.UWaterloo.ca	ljdickey@water.BITNET