[comp.lang.apl] PD APL

jpainter@tjp.East.Sun.COM (John Painter - Sun BOS Hardware) (08/10/89)

Here is a summary of the reponses to my request for info on
a Public Domain APL.

<empty list>

That was it.  Is there no hope for finding *ANY* APL interpretor
in the public domain.  I will post summary if there is one to
post.

EMAIL to jpainter@tjp.East.Sun.COM

/Tjp
-disclaimer  <What me worry???> All opinions are the authors

paz@mimir.dmt.oz (Paul Zemancheff) (08/10/89)

	I have just purchased a book on APL. The back page contains an
offer titled " Free APL is Easy! Disk ". If one sends $10 ( free !!!) to
STSC Inc of Rockville, they will send you this disk. It is not clear
whether it is just a disk of demo programs to go with the book, or if it
also contains an evaluation version ( ie cut down version ) of APL.
For those of you searching for a PD APL it might be worth contacting this
company. The phone number as printed in the book is (800)-592-0050.
Hope this helps.
					paul...

Paul Zemancheff		      PHONE: +61 3 487 9271    FAX: +61 3 484 0878
CSIRO Division of	      ACSNET or CSNET: paz@mimir.dmt.oz
Manufacturing Technology,     ARPA: paz%mimir.dmt.oz@uunet.uu.net
Melbourne, Australia.	      UUCP: {uunet,ukc,mcvax}!munnari!mimir.dmt.oz!paz

In article <1495@mimir.dmt.oz> paz@mimir.dmt.oz (Paul Zemancheff) writes:

>	I have just purchased a book on APL. The back page contains an
>offer titled " Free APL is Easy! Disk ". If one sends $10 ( free !!!) to
>STSC Inc of Rockville, they will send you this disk. It is not clear
>whether it is just a disk of demo programs to go with the book, or if it
>also contains an evaluation version ( ie cut down version ) of APL.
>For those of you searching for a PD APL it might be worth contacting this
>company. The phone number as printed in the book is (800)-592-0050.
>Hope this helps.
>					paul...

I urge *ALL* netters to call and ask for this disk.  I tried several
times (via phone, letter, Certified letters, etc...) over a period of
several months to get this demo software.  The copy of the book I had
had a publication date 3 months prior to the purchase date.  STSC is the
publisher, as well as the software vendor, so no excuses are exceptable.

THEY SAID THAT THEY NO LONGER ACCEPTTED ORDERS FOR THE DEMO VERSION.

EVERYONE SOULD CALL THE TOLL FREE NUMBER AND REQUEST THIS.  OFTEN.

<plasma system shutdown, flame off>

This would not meet with my goal of porting APL to an array of
transputers.  (but then that was in the first posting)  I really
want source code to play with (any source code at this point) so
I can translate it into 'C' (or C++ if I can get C++ up)

/Tjp
-disclaimer They burnt me ... They BURNT me ... TOAST EM NOW!!!!
- sorry just worked up over this particular thing

P.S. I bought the book soley to get the coupon to get the demo disk