[comp.lang.apl] J

ljdickey@water.waterloo.edu (L.J.Dickey) (08/26/90)

A new dialect of APL called "J" has been developed by Iverson Software
Incorporated and was announced at APL90.  At the show, versions of J
for the IBM PC and for the Mac were distributed free.  There are also
versions for the VAX, MIPS, and Next available.  These latter three
are presently available on a limited basis from me.

J is an advanced dialect of APL.  It has boxed arrays, operators
that accept user defined functions, (true) user defined operators, and
complex numbers.  It uses the ASCII character set.

jhaataja@finsun.csc.fi (Juha Haataja) (08/27/90)

In <1990Aug26.125937.29181@water.waterloo.edu> ljdickey@water.waterloo.edu (L.J.Dickey) writes:

>A new dialect of APL called "J" has been developed by Iverson Software
>Incorporated and was announced at APL90.  At the show, versions of J
>for the IBM PC and for the Mac were distributed free.  There are also
>versions for the VAX, MIPS, and Next available.

If J is free, can it be made available on some anonymous ftp site or
on a fileserver? Otherwise, does anyone know where the Mac version
could be found?

- Juha

  ---- Juha Haataja / jhaataja@finsun.csc.fi / EARN: jhaataja at finfun ---
<<   Welcome to the CA universe. Your first assignment is to create Life.  >>

vignaux@toru.isor.vuw.ac.nz (Tony Vignaux) (08/28/90)

|>>A new dialect of APL called "J" has been developed by Iverson Software
|>>Incorporated and was announced at APL90.  At the show, versions of J
|>>for the IBM PC and for the Mac were distributed free.  There are also
|>>versions for the VAX, MIPS, and Next available.

There are others interested in a Mac version if it can be obtained
by FTP.

Prof G A (Tony) Vignaux                          vignaux@isor.vuw.ac.nz
Institute of Statistics and Operations Research  Tel:(4)721-000
Victoria University, PO Box 600, Wellington      Fax:(4)712-070
New Zealand