[comp.lang.apl] APL Font for Motif/X-Windows Wanted

brown@motcid.UUCP (Kevin Brown) (04/02/91)

I'm running STSC APL*PLUS on a Sun Workstation under SunView.

Has anyone got an APL character set for Motif/X-Windows?

Please e-mail any responses.
--
	Kevin T. Brown ------>  Motorola Cellular, Arlington Heights, Illinois
	708-632-5284		brown@ivory ... uunet!motcid!brown

b_nbca@icarus.lbl.gov (Bruce Nordman) (04/02/91)

> From: brown@motcid.UUCP (Kevin Brown)I'm running STSC APL*PLUS on a Sun > > >
Workstation under SunView.
> Has anyone got an APL character set for Motif/X-Windows?
> Please e-mail any responses.

This may be of general interest (at least I am), so I suggest
posting information on this topic.

Bruce Nordman
B_Nordman@lbl.gov

ljdickey@watmath.waterloo.edu (L.J.Dickey) (04/02/91)

In article <6803@cyclamen15.UUCP> brown@motcid.UUCP (Kevin Brown) writes:
>I'm running STSC APL*PLUS on a Sun Workstation under SunView.
>
>Has anyone got an APL character set for Motif/X-Windows?

See the posting of two days ago, in comp.lang.apl, with the subject line:

	Subject: J, Version 3.0 for PC

That posting tells how to get an X-Window Font by ftp from the system
"watserv1.waterloo.edu" or by mail.  I don't know if this will
work for "Motif/X-Windows".  A user report would be appreciated.

--
Prof L.J. Dickey, Faculty of Mathematics, U of Waterloo, Canada N2L 3G1
	Internet:	ljdickey@watmath.waterloo.edu

dd26+@andrew.cmu.edu (Douglas F. DeJulio) (04/03/91)

In the same vein, I'm looking for a type 1 fixed width PostScript APL
font, with Adobe Font Metric files.  This is for use on a NeXT
machine.
--
Doug DeJulio
dd26+@andrew.cmu.edu

stripes@eng.umd.edu (Joshua Osborne) (04/03/91)

In article <6803@cyclamen15.UUCP>, brown@motcid.UUCP (Kevin Brown) writes:
> I'm running STSC APL*PLUS on a Sun Workstation under SunView.

The current version of APL*PLUS comes with at least one size of an APL font for
X.

Disclaimer: I no longer work for STSC, but have friends and relitaves that do.
--
           stripes@eng.umd.edu          "Security for Unix is like
      Josh_Osborne@Real_World,The          Multitasking for MS-DOS"