[comp.lang.fortran] Info about ratfor and/or efl

kailhofe@vanvleck.MATH.WISC.EDU (kailhofe) (09/25/87)

I'm looking for information about the two fortran preprocessors efl(1) and
ratfor(1), preferring info about efl.  All I have are the man pages,
which, as always, could use a bit of fleshing out.

System:  AT&T 3B2/400 running SVr3

Andrew D. Kailhofer                    kailhofe@weaver.math.wisc.edu
Systems Consultant                     ...seismo!uwvax!vanvleck!kailhofe
Department of Mathematics
U of Wisconsin, Madison

pat@seradg.Dayton.NCR.COM (Patrick Pesch) (09/26/87)

In article <12@vanvleck.MATH.WISC.EDU> kailhofe@vanvleck.MATH.WISC.EDU (kailhofe) writes:
>I'm looking for information about the two fortran preprocessors efl(1) and
>ratfor(1), preferring info about efl.  All I have are the man pages,
>which, as always, could use a bit of fleshing out.

Sorry, no efl info... BUT

	I think ratfor is used/discussed in the "Software Tools" by Kernighan
	and Plaugher(sp?).  If I remember correctly, a ratfor pre-processor
	implementation is given in the book.

			Pat Pesch
			NCR Corporation

ken@cs.rochester.edu (Ken Yap) (09/26/87)

Ratfor is described in a paper in Software Practice and Experience.
Don't have the reference at hand but it must be late 70's, maybe 77.  A
modified version of this paper used to be included with the Unix
Programmers Manual.

	he o

kailhofe@vanvleck.UUCP (10/01/87)

A week or so ago I put out a request for information about EFL and RATFOR
information.  I would like to thank everyone who sent me stuff (and there
were quite a few people who did).

If anyone has questions about the two languages, I would be happy to
send them anything they want (assuming I have it, of course).

Again, thanks much to Net-Land!!
--
Andrew D. Kailhofer                          kailhofe@weaver.math.wisc.edu
Systems Consultant                           ...!uwvax!vanvleck!kailhofe