[comp.lang.fortran] Fortran benchmarks

katel@amdcad.AMD.COM (Kate Lowenstein) (05/13/88)

Hello! I'm trying to find some sources for Fortran
benchmarks.  I already have LINPACK.  Does anyone
know where I can get hold of benchmark sources?

still@usceast.UUCP (Bert Still) (05/14/88)

In article <21580@amdcad.AMD.COM> katel@amdcad.AMD.COM (Kate Lowenstein) writes:
>Hello! I'm trying to find some sources for Fortran
>benchmarks.  I already have LINPACK.  Does anyone
>know where I can get hold of benchmark sources?

	I assume you want the LINPACK benchmark source (in FORTRAN). I
suggest you try sending a mail message containing:
		help
		send index
to NETLIB@ANL-MCS.ARPA. This is the Argonne National Labs software archive
server, and has quite a few very useful things (including the whetstone and
drhystone benchmarks). I have not checked it, but I would assume that the
LINPACK benchmark sources can be found there (the LINPACK source is stored
there). As this uses the net to distribute the source code (usually divided
into chunks of reasonable size) by email, please use discretion in how much
stuff you request, and space the requests accordingly. I really appreciate
this service, and would hate to see it go away...
	Hope this helps
					Bert
					still@cs.scarolina.edu

eugene@pioneer.arpa (Eugene N. Miya) (05/14/88)

	nbslib@icst-cmr.arpa

Another gross generalization from

--eugene miya, NASA Ames Research Center, eugene@aurora.arc.nasa.gov
  resident cynic at the Rock of Ages Home for Retired Hackers:
  "Mailers?! HA!", "If my mail does not reach you, please accept my apology."
  {uunet,hplabs,hao,ihnp4,decwrl,allegra,tektronix}!ames!aurora!eugene
  "Send mail, avoid follow-ups.  If enough, I'll summarize."