[net.movies] Bladerunner soundtrack

steiner@topaz.ARPA (Dave Steiner) (04/11/85)

I'd really like to get the original soundtrack to the movie Bladerunner
done by Vangelis.  I haven't been able to find this and all that
seems to be out is a "muzak" orchestrated version that is not up to the
original.  Does anyone else have more info?

thanks,
--
ds

uucp:   ...{harvard, seismo, ut-sally, sri-iu, ihnp4!packard}!topaz!steiner
arpa:   Steiner@RUTGERS

gibson@unc.UUCP (Bill Gibson) (04/14/85)

In article <topaz.1179> steiner@topaz.ARPA (Dave Steiner) writes:
>I'd really like to get the original soundtrack to the movie Bladerunner
>done by Vangelis.

	I also liked this soundtrack and couldn't find the electronic
version anywhere. The only reason I ever heard was that the studio or
some agent screwed up Vangelis' contract so that his version won't be
distributed. It's a shame.

Bill Gibson
gibson@unc                   ...[akgua,decvax,philabs]!mcnc!unc!gibson

gnome@olivee.UUCP (Gary Traveis) (04/18/85)

> I'd really like to get the original soundtrack to the movie Bladerunner
> done by Vangelis.  I haven't been able to find this and all that
> seems to be out is a "muzak" orchestrated version that is not up to the
> original.  Does anyone else have more info?
>
> thanks,
> --
> ds
>
> uucp:   ...{harvard, seismo, ut-sally, sri-iu, ihnp4!packard}!topaz!steiner
> arpa:   Steiner@RUTGERS

So would I!  But the way it stands now, because of a contractual disagreement
between the producers/movie company and Vangelis, the soundtrack is probably
never going to be released -- So, get hold of Beta/VHS HI FI unit and you
can at least have the ending theme.

Yeh, I got the Wrong version once (I wasn't paying attention) and almost
lost my lunch.

Oh well...