[net.movies] Movies coming out

gary@ur-cvsvax.UUCP (Gary Sclar) (04/11/85)

The following is a listing of sci-fi and other movies coming out this
summer and later;
most of this information is culled from the May issue of Starlogs.

1) 	Mad Max III- to be released in August- stars Tina Turner and Mel
Gibson- new villan is called 'The Masterblaster'- he looks nasty

2)	The Clan of the Cave Bear; starring Darryl Hannah- due out August
16; may be dissappointing- its an adaptation by John Sayles; his comments
in the same issue of Starlogs lead one to believe that he was not overly
enthusiastic about the story.

3)	Star Trek IV starts filming in the fall; will star all of the
regulars- Nimoy to direct

4)	Jewel of the Nile- sequel to Romancing the Stone; Christmas of 85

5)	Pumping Iron II- The Women; April 29 debut in NYC- Bev Francis to
guest-flex

6)	Alien II to begin shooting soon

7)	Arnold Schwarzenegger will be in 'Outpost' now shooting

8)	Sci fi films to be released this summer; Wierd Science; Back to the
Future; Return to OZ (June 21); The Black Cauldron (July 26); Cocoon- about
aliens and old people; The Bride of Frankenstein (Sting? as the mad young
doctor?);My Science Project;Red Sonja (Sandahl 'She got legs' Bergman);
Lifeforce- Colin Wilson's Space Vampires;Goonies

figmo@tymix.UUCP (Lynn Gold) (04/16/85)

> Sci fi films to be released this summer; The Bride of Frankenstein
> (Sting? as the mad young doctor?)

I'm not sure whether Sting is playing the Doctor or the monster himself,
but he's in the movie.  Jennifer Beals (yes, the same one who didn't do
her own dancing in "Flashdance") plays the bride.  REALLY.

--Lynn Gold
...tymix!figmo

reiher@ucla-cs.UUCP (04/21/85)

In article <394@tymix.UUCP> figmo@tymix.UUCP (Lynn Gold) writes:
>I'm not sure whether Sting is playing the Doctor or the monster himself,
>but he's in the movie.

Sting plays the doctor, not the monster.
--
        			Peter Reiher
        			reiher@ucla-cs.arpa