[comp.lang.fortran] VMS --> Unix

tyvng@fornax.UUCP (Vincent Ng) (10/27/88)

I am trying to port a VMS fortran program into the Sun Unix system.
One problem I quickly encounter is the meaning of a compilation
command in VMS. I have something like
          $FOR/CONTINUATIONS=99 CAUSES.

I don't have a VMS Fortran manual. Can someone explain what it
means?

-Thanks
 Vincent Ng
 Div. of Epidemiology
 Cancer Control Agency of BC
 Vancouver B.C.

rogerk@mips.COM (Roger B.A. Klorese) (10/28/88)

In article <762@fornax.UUCP> tyvng@fornax.UUCP (Vincent Ng) writes:
>I am trying to port a VMS fortran program into the Sun Unix system.
>One problem I quickly encounter is the meaning of a compilation
>command in VMS. I have something like
>          $FOR/CONTINUATIONS=99 CAUSES.
>
>I don't have a VMS Fortran manual. Can someone explain what it
>means?

The F77 standard, and most F77s, allow up to 19 continuation lines
for a statement.  VAX FORTRAN permits more; the option sets how many
to accept.
--
Roger B.A. Klorese                               MIPS Computer Systems, Inc.
{ames,decwrl,prls,pyramid}!mips!rogerk	                  928 E. Arques Ave.