[comp.lang.fortran] DECUS tapes

georg1@houtz.UUCP (G.KARAWAS) (02/14/89)

Back in the early 80's there was a RENUMBERing program
(a.k.a. RENBR) which would renumber and beautify FORTRAN
source code. It was written at the Harvard Business School
and was distributed on DECUS tapes.
Does anyone still have the source around. I would like
to recompile it under UNIX.

forags@violet.berkeley.edu (02/15/89)

In article <1187@houtz.UUCP> georg1@houtz.UUCP (G.KARAWAS) writes:
>Back in the early 80's there was a RENUMBERing program
>(a.k.a. RENBR) which would renumber and beautify FORTRAN
>source code. It was written at the Harvard Business School
>and was distributed on DECUS tapes.
>Does anyone still have the source around. I would like
>to recompile it under UNIX.

I just finished cleaning up a FORTRAN-77 version of TIDY, which is probably
the parent of this program. (TIDY was written in 1966 at Kirtland AFB).
I rewrote it to run on my IBM PC, and have ported it to UNIX and also to CMS.

Distribution will be through our campus software office, and probably also
by ftp from SIMTEL20 (I'll post a note when it's on SIMTEL20).

Al Stangenberger                    Dept. of Forestry & Resource Mgt.
forags@violet.berkeley.edu          145 Mulford Hall - Univ. of Calif.
uucp:  ucbvax!ucbviolet!forags      Berkeley, CA  94720
BITNET: FORAGS AT UCBVIOLE          (415) 642-4424

peterson@crash.cts.com (John Peterson) (02/19/89)

The RENBR program is on one of the DECUS tapes that has a bunch of stuff
for the DEC-10. My catalog indicates that tape 10-LIB-13 contains RENBR.
If I had it I would send it to you. Anyone out there have it?