[comp.lang.fortran] MinPack

CHEE77@UHVAX1.UH.EDU (Fred Schulz) (03/10/89)

I'm sure this is off the subject, but does anyone know where I can get the
source code for MinPack (fortran). Any help will be appreciated.

ukrainec@maccs.McMaster.CA (Andy Ukrainec) (03/13/89)

In article <8903092136.AA02910@sumex-aim.stanford.edu> CHEE77@UHVAX1.UH.EDU (Fred Schulz) writes:
>I'm sure this is off the subject, but does anyone know where I can get the
>source code for MinPack (fortran). Any help will be appreciated.

In IEEE Potentials magazine, February '89, there was an article on page
37 describing a public domain software library called netlib.  You can
send a request to the system for a specific software subroutine from a
specific library (e.g. MinPack), and the sender will receive the requested
source code in the mail.

The e-mail address is: netlib@mcs.anl.gov

The example session given by Dongarra and Grosse in the article is as
follows:
		mail research!netlib
		send dqag from quadpack
		send gaussq from go

A summary of the command structure given in the article is:

send dgeco from linpack  ( send dgeco and all related routines it calls )
send only dgeco from linpack ( only the requested routine )
send list of dgeco from linpack ( just a list of related file names )
find eigenvalue ( retreive the names of routines related to the keyword )

They say in the article that response time depends on the network.  5-10 min
for ARPAnet, and uucp from minutes to days.

The only drawback is that they don't send out entire libraries.
Also, NA-DIGEST is an archive of mailings to NA distribution list.
I hope this was of use.  (Oh yeah, Minpack is on their list!)
I took my info from the aforementioned article, so interested parties should
look it up since it is much more detailed.