[comp.lang.fortran] FORTRAN Public Review

bill@ssd.harris.com (Bill Leonard) (07/01/89)

This information will probably be repeated about a million times, but in
case no one else does it...

The second Public Review for FORTRAN/8x will begin July 27 and end November 24.
To obtain a copy of the draft standard, write or call:

                 Global Engineering
                 2805 McGaw
                 Irvine, CA  92714
                 1-800-854-7179

Send your comments to:

                 Fortran Public Review
                 Attn. Lynn Barra
                 X3 Secretariat/CBEMA
                 311 First Street N.W.
                 Suite 500
                 Washington, D.C.  20001-2178

Please, please, please comment, even if you commented last time.
--
Bill Leonard
Harris Computer Systems Division

brainerd@unmvax.unm.edu (Walt Brainerd) (07/02/89)

In article <BILL.89Jun30134707@hcx2.ssd.harris.com>, bill@ssd.harris.com (Bill Leonard) writes:

> Please, please, please comment, even if you commented last time.

I certainly agree with Bill on this one, but may I add that you also
must comment on things that you like as well as those that you don't.
It's very natural to only voice complaints, but if a few people say they
don't like something and the thousand who do don't say anything, the
X3J3 committee is tempted to make a change.

On another topic, it may be tempting to come to the conclusion from a
a moron (even though they were his words).  I think Bob is a very bright
guy who recently has done a lot of good hard work for X3J3.  I can still
say that it is difficult to get members of X3J3 to focus in on some
issues long enough to understand some problems, such as structures vs.
derived types (and I can still disagree with Bob about things).
--
Walt Brainerd  Unicomp, Inc.  brainerd@unmvax.cs.unm.edu

root@swituc.UUCP (Admin) (07/06/89)

In article <BILL.89Jun30134707@hcx2.ssd.harris.com>, bill@ssd.harris.com (Bill Leonard) writes:
> To obtain a copy of the draft standard, write or call:
>
>                  Global Engineering
>                  2805 McGaw
>                  Irvine, CA  92714
>                  1-800-854-7179

Be advised they charge $50.00 for a copy of the draft.  Don't waste a call
if you don't want to pay for the chance to comment. :-(

Pat Berry
noao!pmb@swituc.UUCP@arizona.edu
uunet!arizona!swituc!pmb