[net.movies] closing credits

mengm@homxa.UUCP (P.MENG) (04/12/85)

	While we're on the subject of Python, closing credits
    and breaking rules. I always enjoyed it at the supposed
    end of a Python show when the credits start to roll, only
    to have the show continue for another 1-5 minutes.
	Has anyone dared to do this in film?

				Peter Meng

ix654@sdcc6.UUCP (ix654) (04/15/85)

   Among closing credits in "Young Doctors in Love" there is:

     "Marijuana plant provided by the ???? Police Department"

   I liked it.                        E. Behr, ucsd

--
   E. Behr @ ucsd math dept (sdcc6!ix654)

devine@asgb.UUCP (Robert J. Devine) (04/16/85)

> 	While we're on the subject of Python, closing credits
>     and breaking rules. I always enjoyed it at the supposed
>     end of a Python show when the credits start to roll, only
>     to have the show continue for another 1-5 minutes.
> 	Has anyone dared to do this in film?
>
> 				Peter Meng

  The film "Strange Brew" starring Bob and Doug McKenzie (Dave Thomas
and Rick Moranis) from the Great White North (beauty, eh?) did this.
Many people had stood up, put on their coat, and started out when
the credits stopped and those hosers were back on the screen.

Bob Devine

mink@cfa.UUCP (Doug Mink) (04/18/85)

>    Among closing credits in "Young Doctors in Love" there is:
>
>      "Marijuana plant provided by the ???? Police Department"

     Another feature of the closing credits of this movie was the fact that
they started prematurely and were pressed back into the bottom of the screen
by the hero, to return again after several more scenes.

				-Doug Mink

ccrrick@ucdavis.UUCP (Rick Heli) (04/19/85)

>   The film "Strange Brew" starring Bob and Doug McKenzie (Dave Thomas
> and Rick Moranis) from the Great White North (beauty, eh?) did this.
> Many people had stood up, put on their coat, and started out when
> the credits stopped and those hosers were back on the screen.
>
> Bob Devine

Not only that, those hoseheads like did a beauty review of the
movie, eh:

"Except for a few plot flaws, pretty good, eh.  Like,
aren't you glad you stayed for this part, eh?  I best most of those
other hoseheads have already left the theater, eh.  Well, like,
good day!
						--rick heli

ir278@sdcc6.UUCP (Paul Anderson) (04/20/85)

In article <2012@sdcc6.UUCP>, ix654@sdcc6.UUCP (ix654) writes:

>    Among closing credits in "Young Doctors in Love" there is:
>
>      "Marijuana plant provided by the ???? Police Department"
>
>    I liked it.                        E. Behr, ucsd

You forgot the first line in the credits!

Atop everything else, the message scrolls up the screen,
"There were no laser beam effects used in this movie."

I liked it too.                         P. Anderson, ucsd

cs2532aa@unm-cvax.UUCP (04/23/85)

The credits (as well as the complete shooting script, original story outlines,
and various other minutae) for Monty Python and the Holy Grail are contained
in the book "Monty Python ik den Holie Grailen -- Bok" which is available from
Methuen.  (Alas, no other details -- my copy is on loan.)

One of my favorite lines from any closing credits is from the end of "Fast
Times at Ridgemont High", where, in the style of the credits from American
Grafitti, we are informed that Jeff Spicoli "saves Brooke Shields from
drowning -- blows reward money hiring Van Halen to play his birthday party".

		.rne.

wersan@daemen.UUCP (John Slasher Wersan III) (04/28/85)

>    Among closing credits in "Young Doctors in Love" there is:
>
>      "Marijuana plant provided by the ???? Police Department"
>
>    I liked it.                        E. Behr, ucsd
>
> --
>    E. Behr @ ucsd math dept (sdcc6!ix654)

	Don't forget:  <so-n-so> is now working at the
	Philadelphia F***ing Plilarmonic(SP?).
--
          		John Wersan
UUCP :