[comp.lang.fortran] Replies from X3J3

mccalpin@masig2.ocean.fsu.edu (John D. McCalpin) (07/22/89)

Is there any hope that us public commenters will get formal replies
from X3J3 on the previous round of comments before the new public
review period is over?
--
John D. McCalpin - mccalpin@masig1.ocean.fsu.edu - mccalpin@nu.cs.fsu.edu
		   mccalpin@delocn.udel.edu

bobal@microsoft.UUCP (Bob Allison) (07/29/89)

In article <MCCALPIN.89Jul21170651@masig2.ocean.fsu.edu> mccalpin@masig2.ocean.fsu.edu (John D. McCalpin) writes:
>Is there any hope that us public commenters will get formal replies
>from X3J3 on the previous round of comments before the new public
>review period is over?
>--
>John D. McCalpin - mccalpin@masig1.ocean.fsu.edu - mccalpin@nu.cs.fsu.edu
>		   mccalpin@delocn.udel.edu

Yes.  One of the items on the agenda of the meeting held last week was
to finish approving the responses.  If that occurred, they should be sent
out in August.

Bob Allison
uunet!microsoft!bobal

cdb@hpclcdb.HP.COM (Carl Burch) (07/31/89)

     The current plan is for the replies to the first public review letters
to be mailed in mid-August.
						Carl Burch
						HP Data and Languages Division

cdb@hpclcdb.HP.COM (Carl Burch) (08/22/89)

We are finishing the word processing of the response letters today and
tomorrow (August 21-22).  They are being express-mailed to the subgroups
(as a round-robin queue) for proofreading.  Unfortunately, this means our
tentative final mass mailing date has slipped to about September 15th
(90% schedule).  If the response letters are cleaner than expected, we
eight be able to beat that, but not by much.  Letters with problems
requiring major human intervention (if any) will be allowed to trail in
going out, rather than further delaying all the others.

							- Carl