[net.movies] No joke, just pedantry

beth@sphinx.UChicago.UUCP (beth d. christy) (05/01/85)

From: don@umd5.UUCP, Message-ID: <478@umd5.UUCP>
>> I thought the "nag, nag, nag" line was used in The Enforcer by
>> (what-IS-her-name) 'Cagney' of 'Cagney & Lacey (CBS)' when Harry
>> fell down after an exchange of gunfire on Alcatraz ... ??
>>

> What I meant by the above is that HARRY used the line after being asked
> VERY insistently by Tyne Daly (thanks Sue!) if he is OK.
> Sorry if I've caused any confusion ...
>   ARPA: !umd5!don@maryland.ARPA
> BITNET: don%umd5@umd2
>  CSNET: don@umd5
> SPOKEN: Chris Sylvain (transient user of Don Preuss' account)
>   UUCP: {seismo, rlgvax, allegra, brl-bmd, nrl-css}!umcp-cs!cvl!umd5!don

Sorry for being so pedantic here, but I'm an *ardent* lover of 'Cagney &
Lacey', and I can't let incorrect credits scroll by.  Tyne Daly is Lacey
and Sharon Gless is Cagney (Meg Foster was Cagney the first year).  I
don't know who was in 'The Enforcer'.

--

--JB  (not Elizabeth, not Beth Ann, not Mary Beth...Just Beth)

davek@masscomp.UUCP (David Kearney) (05/01/85)

>>> I thought the "nag, nag, nag" line was used in The Enforcer by
>>> (what-IS-her-name) 'Cagney' of 'Cagney & Lacey (CBS)' when Harry
>>> fell down after an exchange of gunfire on Alcatraz ... ??
>>
>> What I meant by the above is that HARRY used the line after being asked
>> VERY insistently by Tyne Daly (thanks Sue!) if he is OK.
>> Sorry if I've caused any confusion ...
>
>Sorry for being so pedantic here, but I'm an *ardent* lover of 'Cagney &
>Lacey', and I can't let incorrect credits scroll by.  Tyne Daly is Lacey
>and Sharon Gless is Cagney (Meg Foster was Cagney the first year).  I
>don't know who was in 'The Enforcer'.

This has no bearing on the origonal mail... the line "nag, nag, nag"
was most definitely in _The_Gauntlet_.  One of Clint's worst, by the way.
It would have been OK if the scene with the bus being shot up was
eliminated.  3 thousand cops shooting at each other through a bus just
doesn't seem that accurate (no cop flames please).

The line could not have been in the _Enforcer_ because when Clint
said it he was thought to be dead.  At no time in the _Enforcer_
was Clint in such a predicament. His partner (whoever she was) was, however.

Dave Kearney - (617) 692-6200 x291
Masscomp, One Technology Park, Westford, MA 01886
{decvax,harpo,tektronix}!masscomp!davek
It's so lonely on my saddle since my horse died