[comp.lang.fortran] fortran subroutine mapper

watson@mundoe.maths.mu.OZ.AU (Andrew Watson) (11/22/89)

Does anybody out there know of a facility like cflow (which produces
a nice mapping of which bits of a c programme call what) for fortran
code? If so perhaps you could let me know by email. For all the
difference it makes this is for a Sun4.
Thanks in advance, Andrew Watson.

silvert@cs.dal.ca (Bill Silvert) (11/24/89)

In article <2778@munnari.oz.au> watson@mundoe.maths.mu.OZ.AU (Andrew Watson) writes:
>Does anybody out there know of a facility like cflow (which produces
>a nice mapping of which bits of a c programme call what) for fortran
>code? If so perhaps you could let me know by email. For all the
>difference it makes this is for a Sun4.

Some time ago I posted a utility I've written called FLINK which lists
all the calls, dependencies, block data, unstatisfied externals, etc.
It is written in C and requires lex, although I can provide the lex
output in a form which is straight C (but very long!).

I tried to email watson, but didn't get through.  I'll send copies of
flink if anyone is interested, or repost if there is enough interest.

--
Bill Silvert, Habitat Ecology Division.
Bedford Institute of Oceanography, Dartmouth, NS, Canada B2Y 4A2

lumsdon@dtoa1.dt.navy.mil (Lumsdon) (12/08/89)

> ....has written FLINK, in C, requires lex.

Yes, I'm interested.  My address is  lumsdon%dtrc.arpa
				 or  lumsdon@dtoa1.dt.navy.mil

By the way, there's sort a similar package available for VMS...
Tis written in VAX macro, is called FORTRAN INDEXer, is available from
DECUS (or from me). It makes flowcharts, and can track variables and
tell you what calls what, and does other stuff as well.

DTRC is part of the Navy.
---
Esther Lumsdon
David Taylor Research Center
Annapolis Lab  cm 301-267-3816   av 281-3816

lumsdon@dtoa1.dt.navy.mil (Lumsdon) (12/13/89)

In article <516@nems.dt.navy.mil> lumsdon@dtoa1.dt.navy.mil (Lumsdon) writes:
>> ....has written FLINK, in C, requires lex.
>
>Yes, I'm interested.  My address is  lumsdon%dtrc.arpa
>                                 or  lumsdon@dtoa1.dt.navy.mil
>
>By the way, there's sort a similar package available for VMS...
>Tis written in VAX macro, is called FORTRAN INDEXer, is available from
>DECUS (or from me). It makes flowcharts, and can track variables and
>tell you what calls what, and does other stuff as well.
>
>DTRC is part of the Navy.
>---
>Esther Lumsdon
>David Taylor Research Center
>Annapolis Lab  cm 301-267-3816   av 281-3816

_I_ didn't write FLINK!!! Ask nems.dt.navy.mil about FLINK!

I shortened that attribution badly, and it has scrolled out of the comp.lang.fo
comp.lang.fortran buffer on this machine.

I can't make everyone a tape of INDEX! If I send you a tape, that obligates
you to make a tape for someone else!

Joining DECUS is free. It is very inexpessive to order software from
DECUS.  And INDEX _only_ works for VMS.

Esther Lumsdon.  I'm tired of snow already![5~
---
Esther Lumsdon
David Taylor Research Center
Annapolis Lab  cm 301-267-3816   av 281-3816

gorlick@aeroaero.org (Michael Gorlick) (12/21/89)

My colleague, Kevin Kreitman, is looking for software that will
produce flowcharts from Fortran IV source.
Will those who have pointers to either shareware or commercial products
that will run on Suns, IBM PCs or Macs please send pointers to
	kbk@aerospace.aero.org
Thanks.

PLEASE do not reply directly to me, I am merely posting this as a favor.